• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help end of roll message

kenrag

new mutoh 1624x printer and it just started giving me end of roll message … the printer will print a few inches and show a end of roll message ,even thought there is a full roll...redo the vinyl and start the print , the printer then prints 9 inches then stops with end of roll message get it going again almost finishes the print when the end of roll appears ….even with turning the printer off and goes through start up the end of roll message will appear ...its not the first time this has happened but I thought I had the roll holder pushed too tight and the roll was hard to turn....this printer has only been running for a few months , its not an old printer

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What kind of material are you printing?
I can get an end of roll message on my 1624 off 3M material with the dark colored 3M logo printed on the back. Sensor picks up the logo thinking it is the end of the sheet - and stops. Would be nice if the Mutoh firmware would ask if I'd like to continue before canceling the print.
Black-out banner with the gray background can cause it too but normally it won't print at all until I put a strip of white over the rear sensor. Same thing when running the second side of a double sided banner.
If it is not one of these try cleaning or covering it up to get a finished print.

kenrag

What kind of material are you printing?
I can get an end of roll message on my 1624 off 3M material with the dark colored 3M logo printed on the back. Sensor picks up the logo thinking it is the end of the sheet - and stops. Would be nice if the Mutoh firmware would ask if I'd like to continue before canceling the print.
Black-out banner with the gray background can cause it too but normally it won't print at all until I put a strip of white over the rear sensor. Same thing when running the second side of a double sided banner.
If it is not one of these try cleaning or covering it up to get a finished print.

I was using Orajet vinyl and it also did it with blackout 16oz vinyl ....

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What does the back of both of those materials look like?
If they are dark or have logos that are large enough for the sensor to see it may cause a stop.
I'd cover the 'eye' for the roll sensor and start printing - just have to be careful not to have a real end of roll situation.
If it does not stop any more then it is either something on the backing of the material you are using or the sensor is defective.
The sensor is just behind the pinch wheels about in the center. I just cut a piece of card stock about 2" wide and long enough to stick out the back with the front edge just over the the little sensor hole. - fold and tape the back end down over the edge where the travel of the material won't pull up the edge.
I'm sure there is a way to test and maybe adjust the sensor but I have not needed to look for the info on it in the 2 years I've owned the 1624.

wayne k
guam usa

kenrag

What does the back of both of those materials look like?
If they are dark or have logos that are large enough for the sensor to see it may cause a stop.
I'd cover the 'eye' for the roll sensor and start printing - just have to be careful not to have a real end of roll situation.
If it does not stop any more then it is either something on the backing of the material you are using or the sensor is defective.
The sensor is just behind the pinch wheels about in the center. I just cut a piece of card stock about 2" wide and long enough to stick out the back with the front edge just over the the little sensor hole. - fold and tape the back end down over the edge where the travel of the material won't pull up the edge.
I'm sure there is a way to test and maybe adjust the sensor but I have not needed to look for the info on it in the 2 years I've owned the 1624.

wayne k
guam usa

The Orajet has their logo but I’ve used it before with no problems and same with the blackout banner ... I was thinking on covering the sensor and call tech later on .. I just need to get it going
Thanks

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Good luck with it.
If you need the service guide for the printer I have a copy.
(no support out here)