• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

End of Roll?

KapAg

Has anyone had any problems with the Falcon telling you it's the end of the roll, regardless of how much media exists? Of course you'd think it's a load problem...but that's not it....at least I don't think. The media doesn't drift away from the little registration holes at all. Is it a tension issue? The 'couplers' (I guess you could call them) on the media roll bar that hold the roll in place have been dropped (thrown) many times, and can be somewhat loose, but not too loose where the roll cannot be fed or wound by the machine. This is the only thing I can think that might be happening.

Any suggestions? Anyone have it in the past and know of a fix?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor II 64
Mimaki JV3-160SP
ColorSpan Displaymaker 72UVR
Onyx 6.5

Most plotters and large-format printers use sensors that are built into the machine platens (rear and/ or front) to alert the machine where the front and back edges of the media are located.

Is it possible that the media has lifted off the rear platen while printing? If so, this will allow light to trip the sensor, and cause the error that you are seeing. If that is not the case, the next step would be to look into the operational status of the rear sensor (dirt etc).

Bob