Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Enduralam 3 or Royal Sovereign

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Fine Designs, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Fine Designs

Fine Designs New Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Mesa Arizona
    We are now down to 2 different choices for what laminator we are going to purchase. They are both 55" units. The enduralam has the rewind feature the royal does not. the enduralam is 650 pounds. the royal is 386 pounds. What is everyones thoughts on the new enduralam 3 vs the royal sovereign? PLease see both links down below. I want to make sure that I am not paying the extra $$ only for the royal name. The $$ difference between the two is $300

https://www.laminationking.com/LK~id~22887~N~Show-Now.htm
    https://www.signwarehouse.com/p/enduralam-3-wide-format-54-in-cold-laminator

2. C5 Service&Repair

C5 Service&Repair Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    enduralam

3. Nuagedesigns

Nuagedesigns Member

May 7, 2007
    Seymour, CT
    Royal Sovereign........ Buy for the future, 10 years rock solid never had an issue with ours.

4. AF

AF Active Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Ventura, CA
    Heavier is better when it comes to large equipment. Our laminator weighs just under 2,000 lbs and it never bucks or kicks back when feeding long substrates or loading material. It is simply planted and stable. Based on this, I would lean toward the heavier unit in your list assuming both options are equal in every other way.

If you are open to suggestions, my recommendation would be to find a laminator with pneumatic nip, flat steel rollers and rear take-up. To me, those three features are critical and anything beyond those features is the cherry on top.