• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Enduralam 60 trouble

GHduckworth

We have a Enduralam 60 cold lamination machine that is having trouble bunching the vinyl up as it feeds through. My question is does anyone know a service rep in the Southwest reigon that will travle to your shop and work on these machines? Sign Warehouse no longer have service tecks for them. I am in a pickle here and if anyone has any info on a group that services these machines I would appreciate the information very much. Thanks.

GHduckworth

enduralam 60 wrinkling in the middle

Ok so I see several things that may be the problem. First we are not using backing paper. it seems we do not have the bungee cords that are supposed to be there.. Second we have been using 60'' laminate on 54" media. I am new to our shop and present staff say this was never a problem. I know relatively nothing about the laminator but have read many posts and the user manual. Since we are not wanting to use backing paper. Is their not a good chance it would work wit 54'' laminate to match our 54'' media??

GHduckworth

enduralam 60 wrinkling in the middle

Also we got the unpacking instructions and went through the whole process of getting tension right etc. BUT as I stated above we skipped the backing paper part.

CheapVehicleWrap

backing paper is unnecessary. Check the roller tension again and again... The nut on the right side of the machine can be off 1/8-1/4 turn and render the machine useless. I've run 60" lam with 54" vinyl before. Never giant panels though.

cajunaviator

I have the same machine. This machine is very picky. Make sure your tension across the rollers is even. I never use 60" laminate, I only use 54" laminate. I don't use backing paper either. I feed backing paper at the end of a run to keep the laminate from sticking to the rollers once the print clears the rollers. The rollers don't need much pressure. Crank the rollers down until the crank seems to free wheel. Once it starts to free wheel, continue until the crank just starts to have a little resistance and you are there. I always leave my rollers down. I spoke with the service tech from sign warehouse here in New Orleans at the SGIA show and he told me that leaving the rollers down will not hurt them. If you have any questions feel free to send me a pm.

cajunaviator

I have been using my laminator for 5 years now and always leave the rollers down. I inspect the rollers each time I change out my laminate and have yet to find a single flat spot on my rollers. If you use only enough pressure to lay the laminate down, there should be very little pressure between the rollers. Not enough pressure to cause flat spots. Some people apply way too much pressure when laminating. This over pressure causes flat spots.

kirkbedtelyon

I have the Endurlam 52" and find that backing paper is very necessary. Any missalignment and you'll be sticking to the roller or other parts of the laminator.

I would recommend not using laminate that is that much larger than your print. If for no other reason than handling issues after the laminate is applied. And even with backing paper it can be a pain.

I use a ratchet clamp as oposed to a bungee cord. This allows me to adjust the tension on the backing paper roll.

I routinely run 30'+ of 48" material through my Enduralam. It's a picky machine but once you learn the pitfalls and little tricks it's great. It's definately built much better than any other laminator I've found for the price. Heavier than a house. lol