• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Enfocus vs One Vision

vapor103

Who uses one of the 2 or has tried both? Looking to find real world experience with either prepress automation. What bottle necks did it help elevate vs what the sales guy says it will.

Christian @ 2CT Media

All day long OneVision... I've used both, OneVision is easier and I believe more powerful in a lot of ways. EnFocus switch has some features that OneVision doesn't but OneVision can be almost fully Augmented via JavaScript.

I have Thousands of lines of code in my OneVision instance and it can handle jobs that take over an hour to set up manually down to mere minutes.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
All day long OneVision... I've used both, OneVision is easier and I believe more powerful in a lot of ways. EnFocus switch has some features that OneVision doesn't but OneVision can be almost fully Augmented via JavaScript.

I have Thousands of lines of code in my OneVision instance and it can handle jobs that take over an hour to set up manually down to mere minutes.

I use enfocus Swith * pitstop server, how does OneVision compare? and price wise?
Honestly say first time im hearing of OneVision. Which is because i know people using Enfocus so naturally went to that path.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The price was comparable when all things considered, I think we were around $70k.

So, I'm a bit biased but I didn't like the color management in Pitstop vs OneVision their color mapping is second to none. Where pitstop and switch has an advantage is the visual nature of it's process but we are going to be demoing another product from OneVision that will live on top of Workspace to add that visual control.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
The price was comparable when all things considered, I think we were around $70k.

So, I'm a bit biased but I didn't like the color management in Pitstop vs OneVision their color mapping is second to none. Where pitstop and switch has an advantage is the visual nature of it's process but we are going to be demoing another product from OneVision that will live on top of Workspace to add that visual contro
Yeah i guess each to their own when it comes to this sort of software. Not so simple switching over. I dont do much colour managing in switch yet. Mine is mostly used for prepress where we add marks for jobs, rename cut paths, make white channels, banner marks etc. slowly slowly we keep adding.

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little

I am going to give One Vision a call and talk to them.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Speak to Brian for Sales and ask for Diego and Chuck for solutions, Kris is also great and comes from our Wide Format world... if you go that route, let me know, and I'll share some of my code and assembly lines to get you started.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yeah i guess each to their own when it comes to this sort of software. Not so simple switching over. I dont do much colour managing in switch yet. Mine is mostly used for prepress where we add marks for jobs, rename cut paths, make white channels, banner marks etc. slowly slowly we keep adding.
Honestly, they do similar things, I personally love the OneVision team here in the States and in Germany. They have been patient and helpful and have pushed me to come up with some very elegant solutions that I feel help them to make a better product. If Switch is working for you keep at it, if you get intrigued OneVision is very powerful.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Honestly, they do similar things, I personally love the OneVision team here in the States and in Germany. They have been patient and helpful and have pushed me to come up with some very elegant solutions that I feel help them to make a better product. If Switch is working for you keep at it, if you get intrigued OneVision is very powerful.
My curiosity will check it out,
I know Switch has the Scripting module, but i don't have it yet.
I'll probably send you a PM about this.