• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

engine turn and reg. marks

laserman70

Having and issue cutting engine turn w reg marks..

Summa s160

anybody have any tricks?
Does not recognize marks
thanks

omgsideburns

place newfangled easy to read classic white vinyl w/ reg marks printed on them over the existing old dank gross hard to read engine turn marks.

or place tape/white vinyl over the spots that the marks are printing if that's an option for you.

letterman7

Engine turn on what? Turned vinyl or printed? Or printed on turned vinyl? You can always try to recalibrate to the black that's printed on the vinyl, but my guess is that there won't be enough contrast. In the past I've actually printed the registration marks on white, cut them out with a small border around them and hand-placed those over the marks that couldn't be read. It wasn't perfect, but got me close enough a couple of times.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I see you're using Flexi but I have no idea as to what plotter you might be using. So...

Whenever I have to contour cut questionable media, like metallic silver or gold or whatever, I always opt to use the 4 point manual option in Production Manager and, since my plotter has a built-in laser pointer, I use that and manually located the registration marks. If you do it carefully you will be every bit as accurate as the automatic marks. It saves a lot of vinyl.

Your mileage may vary depending on what equipment you're wrangling.

MikeD

I'm guessing that you are printing on Silver metallic?
The sensor's eye is red, the mark is black and the material is silver- that color combo will provide very little contrast. if you have a UV printer, print white around the marks. You can also print yellow ink on clear vinyl with a solvent. Put the clear vinyl under your OPOS sensor to make a filter that will increase contrast.
Good luck!