• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

English to Spanish

skyhigh

Can anyone help with this translation. You would think this would be easy with the internet, but.....

I need, in all caps, the words "CLEAN FILL" in both English & Spanish......
CLEAN FILL

What I'm finding is ......
relleno limpio
&
LIMPIEZA Liene

Does the capitalization (shown) make a difference in the Spanish version? "google translate" gave me these 2 options.

So which one?

J Hill Designs

limpieza seems to mean cleaning (verb)

relleno means filling (eg chile relleno)

I cant help, but there is probably an industry term in spanish for clean fill dirt

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I used my Word Lens app and it says "LIMPIO LLENAR" and google translated that back to english as CLEAN FILL.

On a side note, Word Lens is an amazing app if you've never tried it.

skyhigh

I think it will end up being "Llenado Limpio"

LLENADO is a winner (noun "fill"..."something used to fill"). gotta go with that.
and LIMPIO is "clean".

still confused tho....
Soooooo, shouldn't it be LIMPIO LLENADO....not LLENADO LIMPIO???
What really confuses me, together, they both translate to "Clean Fill".

Mosh

Que el suelo está limpio I just asked a Mexican, you just can't translate the words it is HOW it is said too.

skyhigh

Thanks for all who replied!!! :thumb:

I got to wondering where all our American/Spanish sign people were on this thread???? Then I realize, they must not be able to read Signs101, because Fred doesn't accommodate our Spanish speaking signmakers!!! How terrible is that? :rolleyes:

I know that when I go to Lowe's, every sign has the Spanish translation underneath. Time to catch up with the times Fred.

Nonetheless.....I finished my sign.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 79

J Hill Designs

I got to wondering where all our American/Spanish sign people were on this thread???? Then I realize, they must not be able to read Signs101, because Fred doesn't accommodate our Spanish speaking signmakers!!! How terrible is that? :rolleyes:

I know that when I go to Lowe's, every sign has the Spanish translation underneath. Time to catch up with the times Fred.

Bwaahaa classic :thumb:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

You might want to post the question as to how our Spanish and Portuguese speaking members go about translating and replying to posts here. There are quite a few of them and none seem to feel that it's something we need to provide.

skyhigh

You might want to post the question as to how our Spanish and Portuguese speaking members go about translating and replying to posts here. There are quite a few of them and none seem to feel that it's something we need to provide.

good point Fred!!!!
So why does a big company like Low's feel its necessary to "cater to them" with an alternate language on their signs? :Big Laugh

John Butto

I am the Lone Ranger and you are my tonto.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
good point Fred!!!!
So why does a big company like Low's feel its necessary to "cater to them" with an alternate language on their signs? :Big Laugh

In this instance, an educated guess would be that it would cost them business not to do so (competitors like Home Depot do it). For better or for worse, Spanish is the defacto alternate language in the United States and far more utilized than Braille is on ADA signage.

skyhigh

In this instance, an educated guess would be that it would cost them business not to do so (competitors like Home Depot do it). For better or for worse, Spanish is the defacto alternate language in the United States and far more utilized than Braille is on ADA signage.

Sad!!!! I never knew we needed a defacto language.

Back on topic...
what do you think of.....

"tierra natural limpio" or"tierra limpio"
(from my 100% Mexican Heritage SIL who lives in Texas)

neato

I believe this may be a good way to phrase it:

"MATERIAL DE RELLENO LÍMPIO"

Whatever you do, don't go with moshes idea. :D