Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engraver Space Safety

Discussion in 'CNC Routers & Engravers' started by Kat Gilland, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Kat Gilland

Kat Gilland New Member

Aug 9, 2017
    Memphis TN
    I took over a sign shop after it was all setup. I have a Vision 9 engraver that is setup in an approx 15x15 space.

It is painful when the engraver is running. The noise is tolerable with proper ear protection but the concussive force of the unit jars my joints. I feel like my teeth are going to rattle out of my head.

Is this enough physical room for me to safely work?

2. billsines

billsines Member

May 24, 2016
    Lagrange
    What is the ceiling height?

What is on the walls? Metal?

What about some foam panels, much like acoustic panels?

3. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    We run a vision 1624 and yes it can get loud depending on what you are engraving, what cutter you are using and the depth of cut.

We had a project to engrave a few thousand aluminum tags, one of the tags required a 0.090" cutter engraved to 18 thou, we had to do it in 3 passes or else the noise generated made everyone here uncomfortable.

try either slowing the machine down, or doing multiple passes, that should help with the noise.