• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Engraving Aluminum?

HaroldDesign

I'm in need of a plaque for my latest near finished piece of art. A portion of it involves Aluminum, so I would like an Aluminum plaque engraved/etched (how WOULD it be done!?). 3" x 2". Anyone interested? I'm looking to tie this piece up by Friday.

Attachments

• Bear_Plaque.pdf
    222.6 KB · Views: 112

HaroldDesign

Here's a poor photo of what it's for. I'll chisel a place for it in the lower left.

Attachments

• 100_6174.jpg
    100_6174.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 46

HaroldDesign

I'd just sublimate it.
$9.95+shipping.
The bear? Then he wouldn't be naked!
I like your dressed up version of the plaque, but when I was doing similar things I thought was a bit much to have something monumental looking on there. On one hand it suits it, and on the other it goes against the modern qualities, of which, don't much show in the photo.

jiarby

no...silly!
sublimate the plate.

I just copied your layout, added the wingdings on the divider and scalloped the corners.

It can be made any way you want.

You can get it done in any local trophy/awards shop

HaroldDesign

no...silly!
sublimate the plate.

I just copied your layout, added the wingdings on the divider and scalloped the corners.

It can be made any way you want.

You can get it done in any local trophy/awards shop
Local is what I'd call right here on 101, because physically I'll just say they're less than responsive. Probably because it's one thing. Send me a P.M.
:thankyou:

jiarby

PM Sent...

I wish I could tell what your art was... it looks like you left it in the oven too long

HaroldDesign

PM Sent...

I wish I could tell what your art was... it looks like you left it in the oven too long
It's a photo of a bear in a literal sense, but it's the combination stained glass, negative white print, burned wood & ground Aluminum that's throwing you off. I'll post better pics...

jiarby

ended up lasering it from soem unfinished 1/8 plywood... the OP will chisel out a hole in the wood and inlay it then finish to match the piece.

Attachments

• naked.jpg
    naked.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 62