• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

enlarging a digital print

Imakesigns

Im looking for a little direction how I would go about having a digitally printed banner enlarged. the customer has a 2'w x 3'h picture of his son from basketball this year. he wants me to have it enlarged to a 4'w x 6'h pic so they can cut out his face and have people take pictures with their face in the pic. i havent done anything like this before so i dont even know where to begin. would i be able to send the banner to someone for them to copy and reprint? i told him there would be a potential loss of quality by making it so much larger. he said that would be ok since they were only using it for the cutout. any help would be appreciated.

Imakesigns

all they have is the banner. i could possibly have someone take a picture of it, but im not sure what quality would be required for the final result. i dont have a camera capable of taking high quality images. its got me scratching my head since all i have is the banner and nothing else to work with. are there any merchant members here with a large format scanner?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
all they have is the banner. i could possibly have someone take a picture of it, but im not sure what quality would be required for the final result. i dont have a camera capable of taking high quality images. its got me scratching my head since all i have is the banner and nothing else to work with. are there any merchant members here with a large format scanner?

Most any blueprint shop will have a scanner of Brobdingnagian proportions and for a modest fee will scan your original onto a file type and resolution of your choosing.

Marlene

where did they get the banner with the image you need to make? some how that image got to the banner so there is a file out there some where.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
hmmmmm...... they don't have a picture of their son to give you????

ok, maybe it's a special picture, but i'm thinking anything more than snapping a photo of it with a cell phone camera and printing it will be more than their willing to spend.....

VinylLabs.com

fastest method: take it to a professional scanner.

second best: get some even spaced lighting, a 20mp+ Dslr a telephoto lens, and take a shot from far back

ghetto method: take a scanner, remove the top. lets say the scanner is 8x14. place the scanner on the floor and do not let it move.place the corner of the banner in the scanner, place a immovable reference point in front, and in back of the scanner, measure from this point. scan the banner, move it 7 inches and scan it again, coninue till you scan it's length. move it back and over 13 inches, scan again till it is completely scanned. photo-merge in Photoshop.