• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Enroute, Vcarve Pro, or Aspire

CL Visual

Hey Guys, I'm new to CNC. Purchased a Colex Sharpcut Pro with 5hp spindle a few months ago. I've been through most of the basics and I'm now looking to learn about some 3d routing. Mostly debossed "carved" signs but also some embossed pyramid letter type stuff. Most of my useage is interior currently but I expect that to change as I learn more.

I want to get a software that will help me through some of these types of projects. We are not CAD or 3d designers. We are photoshop and illustrator people so we can create the vector paths easily. I need software that will take that vector PDF and allow me to pick an option that I want on each path such as carve or bevel, etc.

Anyone have any experience or recommendations they can offer? It seems like enroute is the best option currently. The monthly charge is advantageous since I'm a novice and don't know if I need to spend a few grand for what i want. Aspire seems to be a little overkill for me. V Carve Pro seems to make sense for me based on my needs. Perhaps there is something else out there that is better suited.

fixtureman

I would download the working demo of either Vcarve pro or Aspire and try it out. If you do go the Vcarve route remember that you can upgrade to Aspire and just pay the difference. Also if you do upgrade all your old files will still run through Aspire. Vectric doesn't bug you and their forum is a great tool

Martin Denton

We made the move from Artcam (discontinued by autocad :( ) to VCarve Pro, great software excellent tutorials and resources including high quality purchasable files

Ardor Creative

I first learned to use EnRoute then found Aspire and loved the platform. I currently use V-Carve, which is basically the same as Aspire, without the 3D modeling (like woodgrain backgrounds for the sandblasted look), and have found it easier to use. I have never done much in the programs design wise because I do everything in Illustrator first. I'd suggest V-Carve as a stepping stone to "aspire" to Aspire.

WB

We made the move from Artcam (discontinued by autocad :( ) to VCarve Pro, great software excellent tutorials and resources including high quality purchasable files
I have Arctcam to. it's back out as CarveCo..

Inside the head of product development was a master Artcam user if you can't tell by the Vertric software

mark-s

Been using Aspire for about 4 years.... great program.
Make signs, 3D carvings, just about anything you can think of.
Running a 4 X 4 diy 2.5K spindle router system.
mark-s

CL Visual

I got a trial of enroute. Nothing but issues and never even got to run a file. Bought Vcarve pro and had it running in an hour. Spent some time watching youtube videos and carved a sign no problem. I bought direct from WinCNC, microsystems world CNC and he included a couple hours of free training for the same regular price. Very happy with everything so far.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I started with Enroute 3, then 4, and other than a bit of a learning curve, I really like it. 2D, 2.5 D & 3D.
I can't say I've had a problem at all that was due to ER, other than operator error. When you understand how it works, it's good - and surprisingly powerful.

I've not used the other programs - never found the need to.
But we start most files in Corel Draw, and save as AI, then import into ER, and either cut, or create reliefs.- or else import STLs.