• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Entry level and entry price printer?

g_funk3

Hello, I am looking to make some sport helmet decals and some T-shirt transfers. I would like to be able to incorporate chrome or metallic into the design of the decals. Looks like a Gerber printer would be great for what I want to do, but even used they are pricey as well as all the rolls of foil needed. Are there any decent more budget friendly printers out there? I just did some random google searching and saw the HP Designjet T100, peaked my curiosity. Price is decent, but I couldn’t really find much info if it will do decals like I want, or what kind of media I can use? Anyone have one or ever used one, or have any other suggestions for me? Looking for something between a cheap hobby crafter and a serious printing business. Thanks

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
your best bet is a print/cut solvent. Maybe a very old mimaki cjv30-100 or something similar. You wouldn’t need it to be too large so the metre wide one would be fine. (Likely second hand).

then you can get into deciding what self adhesive vinyls you’re going to use for the decals and can print/cut tshirt transfers.
Your best bet is a printer/cutter combo as it’s generally cheaper than buying them separate and you’re definitely going to need a cutter.

Naturally the solvents dont do metallic (well, the older cheaper ones don’t) so the cutter will enable you to buy metallic material and cut/incorporate that into your prints/designs.