• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Entry level hybrid UV printer

bigben

I've got a friend of mine that is looking for a hybrid printer with specifications similar to the Mimaki UCJV series. Something that would be similar in speed with white and clear ink. The rigid substrat will be mostly acrylic, dibond and coroplast.

The first model coming in mind is the Roland LEJ-640, but the model is getting old and I'm sure there are other options on the market.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I don't have a solution for you but will tell you to stay away from the LEJ. I have only heard problem about them and they use old DX4 heads which were never meant for UV specifically.

bigben

I don't have a solution for you but will tell you to stay away from the LEJ. I have only heard problem about them and they use old DX4 heads which were never meant for UV specifically.

I've had the same feedback. This is why I'm looking for another option.

We have a CET Q5-1000H, it's been a love/hate relationship with the machine, but we've now figured out how to keep it running in perfect condition all the time and we love it again! Depending on the budget you could look at getting a 64-inch wide version (Q5-250H) or one of the larger options. If you won't be printing at least 6 hours a day every day or more then you will probably have issues with the CET as it doesn't sit very well... Also, you need to do preventative maintenance diligently to ensure it keeps working correctly.

ProColorGraphics

I too looked at the Roland, but ended up going with the Fuji Acuity LED1600. So far it has been great! It has its limits being pinch fed, but has done what I needed it to do so far.

Andy D

I'm not sure which specifications you're looking for, but Agfa's Annapurnas are a decent mid-level flatbed printers & Agfa's support was outstanding in my experience.

Sindex Printing

We have the Mutoh 1638uh. It was a very temperamental piece of equipment when we first got it and took about 9 months of working with Axiom and Mutoh to to get it running correctly. Once it got fixed and dial in with profiles it prints great. I would definitely no buy another hybrid printer. From this experience I would buy a true flatbed style printer. Even finding a solid used or refurbished printer. If you have any questions on the Mutoh 1638uh feel free to reach out and I will answer any questions you may have about in with zero sales pitch bs.

Superior_Adam

EFI Pro 16H is a great hybrid printer. We have it and the Pro 24F. Cost will be higher than some of the other units mentioned but no issues with mine.

bigben

EFI Pro 16H is a great hybrid printer. We have it and the Pro 24F. Cost will be higher than some of the other units mentioned but no issues with mine.

do you have an idea of the price for the pro 16H? Also, did you had any problem with ink adhesion on acrylic for reverse prints?

Superior_Adam

I am not sure of current pricing my guess would be $125,000 range. I print acrylic all the time no issues. We also run custom shapes on acrylic and route on a Zund and ink adheres fine using the 3M ink it came with.

Patrick Dasilva

Hey Adam, We're looking to buy a flatbed and the EFI machines are on top of our list, we currently have an HP latex, is the 24F a good choice? Let me know your thoughts.

Superior_Adam

Hey Adam, We're looking to buy a flatbed and the EFI machines are on top of our list, we currently have an HP latex, is the 24F a good choice? Let me know your thoughts.
Patrick-
I think they are great machines. We were part of the early adopter for the 24f and had the first machine out. I would definitely buy another.