• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Envision 375 Cable wiring pin out help

Ive just brought a backup edge 2 printer and it came with an envision 375 but I did not get any cables with it. Not a problem I thought as I have a GS15+ but I keep getting an error 25 message on the envision, as you can see the GS15 cable only has 3 pins and works perfectly on the GS15, so I can only assume the Env 375 uses a different cable, so if any one know the wiring pin out of the cable I’ll make one up. The GS15 has a Pinot of db9 pin 2 to 2 db25 pin 3 to pin 3 db25 and pin 5 to pin 7 db25
E4566093-1D3E-4775-A320-91FE1FDE947E.jpeg

netsol

rs232 serial only uses 3 pins, data in, data out & common ground

there are 5 settings that need to match between the port on the computer & the plotter

my guess would be one of these is different.

the envision may be a different speed(?)

netsol

9600 speed
8 data bits
1 stop bit
none parity

seems to be default

i am not really expert on envision settings

thesettings for the port on the computer have to match the settings displayed in your settings on the envision

9600 speed
8 data bits
1 stop bit
none parity

seems to be default

i am not really expert on envision settings

thesettings for the port on the computer have to match the settings displayed in your settings on the envision
Yes I have the settings as per you details and the manual. The GS15 works ok with the genuine 3 pin cable. My guess is a null modem cable db9 to db25 will work, just thought I’d check out if anyone knows the correct pinout before I try.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
With my old Graphtec 3100 100 I had to buy a crossover adapter, then I bought a USB adapter for the computer because it was cheaper than a serial card. That may or may not help...

netsol

you do not need a crossover.
that reverses data in and data out
the fact you get an error means the cable is correct

can you check the port settings in windows and make sure they match the plotter.
go to device manager, ports, choose com port choose your port, properties, then advanced
you will need to restart computer if you make a change

not sure what software you use, you should check, if omega settings need to be changed but if you don't get anywhere i will send you instructions to test plotter from hyperterminal

envision can use more than one plotter language, but i have never had the experience, so i will need to do some reading on the topic

Yes the com ports detail are correct in the settings for tenV 375 if I use the GS-15 with the same comport setting com port 3 it cuts on the GS with no problems. It’s only when I send the data to the enV-375 I get the error 23 " unknown plot data " I believe a null modem cable is a crossover cable.

Attila Nagy

This is what I have:

DB9 DB25
1. – 20.
2. – 2.
3. – 3.
4. – 6,8.
5. – 7.
6. – 20.
7. – 5.
8. – 4.
9. – Not Connected.

Thank you everybody for your help, much appreciated I found a workaround that should keep me going, I accidentally sent the cut file to the enV-375 and it worked perfectly however I’d actually sent the cut file from the GS-15 profile, but it’s worked perfectly
hopefully I don’t run into problems when I’m doing longer cutting runs. And thank you Attila i’ll go ahead and make a cable up with the pin outs you have sent and give it a go and report back.