• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Envision 375 connection issues - Please HELP!!

Grpawley

Hello everyone,

I am having issues with my Gerber Envision, it has been installed previously using a usb cable.

It has been sitting for the last 10-12 months unhooked and when I went to pick it up the cable was missing, I have a new usb to serial and a regular serial cable.

I have tried setting it up with Omega 2.5.1 on multiple computers with multiple settings. I have windows xp sp3 and actual serial ports on the back of the computer.

None of the configurations I have tried will work. I even called Gerber and they could not help except offer to sell us upgrades of omega and a 100 dollar cable. I also installed Flexi Sign 8.1 and it would not work with it either.

The option of paying gerber to look at it is outrageously priced and I cannot afford it at the moment.

The only options I can think of are a pci serial port or buying all new cables Again. I have opened the back of the plotter and it wasn't really dirty or any missing cables/connections.'

Also tried the free upgrade from 2.5.1 to 2.6.1 and that would not read my rainbow dongle.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Will your Omega 2.5.1 launch and allow you to save a job?

The first thing you should check is the power saving settings on your USB ports. If they are going into sleep mode then your dongle won't be seen and all sorts of problems such as you're describing can happen. The USB ports should all be set to Off.

Next, check the settings of the Rainbow Sentinel driver. It should be set to Yes for USB and No for any other ports.

Let us know if this helps.

Jase

Why don't you fit a serial card and attach the gerber serial cable or make one up yourself?