• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Envision 375 Problem

phatmanu812

I have two Envision 375 plotters, one of which is literally "right-out-of-the-box".

They both have the same problem - they fail the X08 diagnostic test. Specifically, the start and stop cut lines on one of the "0" and the "8" do not start and stop at the same point - the result is a "pull" when weeding that looks terrible. See attached X08 test and an example of how it affects a typical job. I've gone back and forth with Gerber Tech Support and their engineers are "working on a solution". (At first the couldn't believe that a new plotter would have a problem).

Here is the kicker - My distributor volunteered to give me a loaner. He ran the test on his plotter before he brought it over and it failed the X08 diagnostic test too!! Obviously, we now suspect this problem affects more than the three plotters in question.

Anyone else have this problem?

To run the test - hold down "enter" and press F3 to access the hidden menu. Run diagnostic tests. Let me know what you get. It would be much appreciated.

Anthony

Attachments

• X08 test.jpg
    X08 test.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 117
  • example.jpg
    example.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 109

Tony Teveris

The factory tolerance is said to be .007" on closure - production and TechSupport said they think they have been in contact with you "last week". If this is not the case let me know. I do not know how it was left if support has contacted you.

natedawg9640

what type of vinyl? check your punch holes. hole stress could throw it off that far. if possible, run the test on a poly liner like 225.

phatmanu812

Envision 375

Tony Teveris,

I was exchanging calls with Peggy in Tech Support. I felt it was taking longer than it should to get answers so I conatacted my distributor who sold me the plotter (Reece Supply). I'm not sure how often Christian (Reece) has talked to Tech Support.

Tony

phatmanu812

Update

Two months have passed since I initially posted my problem.

For the record:

Gerber was taking a too long to fix my new (right-out-of-the-box) Envision 375 plotter that failed the internal X08 diagnostic test. I called my distributor.

My distributor sent a tech who fiddled with my plotter with help from Gerber Tech Support on the phone. No improvement.

My distributor offered me a loaner plotter but when the salesman ran the X08 test on the loaner plotter - it failed too! I was informed that "some of the new plotters in stock were failing the X08 tests".

Gerber sent out a tech who fiddled with my plotter for two days - no improvement. Plotter was sent back.

I was told I would get a new plotter. I specifically requested that they send me a plotter that passed the X08 test.

Received a brand new plotter last week (I checked the serial number to make sure it was a different plotter) and it failed the X08 test too.

I really like the Envision 375 but I'm reluctant to spend that kind of money on a plotter that can't even pass it's own internal diagnostic test.

I'm sending the Envision 375 back and refurbing the HS15 plus that I sent them on the trade in. Hopefully, they still have it.

Anthony