• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Envision blade drag

ackerman139

I know this may seem like a newb question, but we've never had the problem before haha... anyway, we've been printing a bunch on the gerber edge2 and envision plotter, and on most of the thick material we are getting blade drag... Mostly from when it ends the cut job, it will not lift the blade fully up and it will drag it all the way back to the end. Its not really cutting through the lam (its thick) but its scratching it enough so that its noticeable. Is this something we just have to suck the blade up into the holder more and increase pressure or what? Thanks

signage

Is the blade holder coming all the way up? If not you may need to remove the plastic cover and clean.

signage

If you look under the cover you will see the solenoid that goes up and down, make sure no dust has accumulated around it. If you have canned air you can spry it to blow any thing out. I'm not near my plotter now to look and show you.