• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Envision not cutting in random areas

Barry Jenicek

Gang

I have an Envision that decided to go semi-South. It cuts the vinyl…sometimes. For example it will be cutting a number, say 2. It will begin cutting and then fades out (like the blade is raising) and looses contact with the vinyl.

I tried to dialing out the blade and increasing the Pressure but it still “skips” areas within the letter/number. It does not happen at the same spot.

Any Ideas???

Thanks

Barry

Tony Teveris

As Fred has stated in another thread on the same subject.

"Your problem could be as simple as cleaning and lubing to a bad blade holder to a complete tool head module. "

Barry, are you still running that router?

Barry Jenicek

As Fred has stated in another thread on the same subject.

"Your problem could be as simple as cleaning and lubing to a bad blade holder to a complete tool head module. "

Barry, are you still running that router?

Hi Tony

"COULD BE" are the operative words here. :smile: :smile: :smile:

I cleaned the Slides that the bearings track on and lubed the bearings with a bearing oil. I have tested two FORCEs, 3 oz and 6 oz on HP Vinyl. I ran several test using those settings. Sometimes, it cuts my entire test file but I can tell that the some of the stroke lines are more "shallow" than the others, thus, it is a bit harder to weed.

On one test run, it ran OK with some shallow cuts. Then, right after that run, I ran the file again without any changes, and half of the strokes did not cut. Tomorrow, I will run a few more tests.

Boy Tony, you sure have a great memory! Yes, I still have the 408 router and have been doing some work for other sign shops as well as my own. My last big job was cutting out "Ravioli Press" boards for a new client. He will be introducing his product in the next couple of weeks.

It's really nice to have a "Gerber Guy" who watches the site. I believe I can speak for everyone here that we appreciate Gerber for letting you help us out of our many troubles. :U Rock:

Ya All...I'm still open for suggestions. :smile: :frustrated:

Barry Jenicek
Signs by Unique