• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Envision plotter not cutting after edge printing?

AARON_INK.

Hello I did a search first to see if there was and answer to my problem but did not find anything. I have an edge 2 with an envision plotter with omgea 2.0 software. I had a job to print/cut yesterday it was a label that would be printed then cut to print on the plotter the first size was 24" long which cut and printed fine, the other size was 60" both under the 11.7 allowed height printed fine as usually loaded in plotter started by cutting the plot mark (which cut) then it would move like it was cutting the shapes out but the knife was about a 1/4" over the vinyl??? I tried a few things, send a shape out without printing cut fine, output just the cut without the printing and it cut as well, but when I output the cut and print file it will print but do the same thing and not cut. So I finely imported the smaller design that printed and cut fine and scaled it up to 60" same song, no cutting??? Then I bumped it up in size 30" cut, 35" cut, 45" cut 50" did not cut. I have not a clue as to what is going on?? also if I let it run without cutting at the end of the job the plotter would make a beeping noise and on the lcd say z axis error code 30, which in the manual says that there could be friction or a jam. I clean the z axis moving parts and oil them they move freely.

Anyone's advise would be great as I have no idea to what to do next.

Aaron Taylor

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Sounds like you are having the same problem I had about six months ago. If so you are probably looking at a carriage replacement. Changing it out is fairly straightforward ... less than 15 minutes. The part, along with the adjusting weight is around $1,100.00.

You might want to have a look at the top of the carriage with the plastic cover removed. On mine, the screw that secures the z-axis solenoid was loose. I tightened it and it worked for a while and then cutting went bad again and I just bit the bullet and replaced the carriage.

AARON_INK.

Thanks Fred, do you know of any other test I could preform to make sure about a bad carriage?

Guess its going to be a bummer, I just bought this set up used and got a great deal on it 2500.00 printer plotter and software.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
No I don't, but if its not doing what it's supposed to do on the z-axis then it's almost certainly the carriage module. When I spoke with tech support they told me the expected life of one is 4 to 5 years. Mine lasted 12 years.