• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

.EPS from Illustrator to Omega 2.5

Steak

Ive been trying to figure this out for a while now, but when i livetrace something in Illustrator CS3 ill save it as either an .eps or .ai and import it into Omega, when it comes up there will be a duplicate image directly beneath it.

not sure if this is a noobie question but any help would be appreciated!

Malkin

Yes, this happens. You get separations for the 2 colors (usually black & white)

My easy solution is this:

In Illustrator, after auto-tracing and expanding, select everything and ungroup and uncombine. You may have to do this twice depending on how many levels deep it is.

After doing this all the shapes should be totally independent.

Then, select ONE shape, any one will do, then in the select menu choose to select same fill color. Then press delete.

You should be left with only one set of lines. You will need to recombine and recolor as needed.

If anyone has a better method, please let me know!
(and yes, for most projects, tracing by hand is far superior)

oh... and Welcome!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Here's a link to a freeware Javascript we have availabe for download that's given out at the Adobe forums for dealing with removing these invisible paths automatically.

Steak

Yes, this happens. You get separations for the 2 colors (usually black & white)
If anyone has a better method, please let me know!
(and yes, for most projects, tracing by hand is far superior)

Thank you and yes, i completely agree. But it's convenient when in a rush.

Here's a link to a freeware Javascript we have availabe for download that's given out at the Adobe forums for dealing with removing these invisible paths automatically.

Thank you fred for the link, im sure that will be useful.