Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.EPS from Illustrator to Omega 2.5

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by Steak, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Steak

Steak New Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Ive been trying to figure this out for a while now, but when i livetrace something in Illustrator CS3 ill save it as either an .eps or .ai and import it into Omega, when it comes up there will be a duplicate image directly beneath it.

not sure if this is a noobie question but any help would be appreciated!

Tags:
  2. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    Yes, this happens. You get separations for the 2 colors (usually black & white)

My easy solution is this:

In Illustrator, after auto-tracing and expanding, select everything and ungroup and uncombine. You may have to do this twice depending on how many levels deep it is.

After doing this all the shapes should be totally independent.

Then, select ONE shape, any one will do, then in the select menu choose to select same fill color. Then press delete.

You should be left with only one set of lines. You will need to recombine and recolor as needed.

If anyone has a better method, please let me know!
    (and yes, for most projects, tracing by hand is far superior)

oh... and Welcome!

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Here's a link to a freeware Javascript we have availabe for download that's given out at the Adobe forums for dealing with removing these invisible paths automatically.

4. Steak

Steak New Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Thank you and yes, i completely agree. But it's convenient when in a rush.

Thank you fred for the link, im sure that will be useful.