Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPS sign

Discussion in 'Dimensional Signs' started by 3Dsigns, Dec 20, 2016.

1. 3Dsigns

3Dsigns Member

Oct 22, 2010
    NW Florida
    Just finished this one for the shop. The monument is EPS, 8'x6'x2', cut on our homebuilt hotwire cutter. The graphics were designed/layed out in SignWizard and the post card was rendered in Corelx8. The graphic elements on the sign are of HDU cut on our router, primed with FSC88WB, and sprayed with three coats of acrylic latex, then the fade was sprayed on with a little Harbor Freight touch-up gun.

Webb Signworks - Webb Signworks added a new photo. | Facebook

Attached Files:

2. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    nicely done

another example of how branding is important and needs to be consistent

3. 3Dsigns

3Dsigns Member

Oct 22, 2010
    NW Florida
    Thanks. This will be used to market our little subsidiary enterprise which is CNC cutting of parts, prototypes, architectural ornamentation, or anything unrelated to signs.

4. rossmosh

rossmosh Member

Oct 9, 2014
    New Jersey
    My only criticism is of the photo quality. It looks like you're doing good work and putting a lot of effort to put out a quality product. Then you take a photo with what I assume is a 6 year old cell phone that's been living in your pocket all that time.

I tried taking pictures with my cell phone and at times I can get a nice quality photo, but sometimes it's just mediocre. Bought a cheap DSLR and it's a world of difference. If you don't want to spend $350 on a DSLR, you can get a better than decent point and shoot for $120.

5. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    Nice looking sign.

6. 3Dsigns

3Dsigns Member

Oct 22, 2010
    NW Florida
    Yes it was my cheap dumb-phone and I took the last photo at dusk which made it even worse. Thanks for the advice, I will check those out! :)

7. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Nice job with that homemade hot wire cnc cutter :{)