• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

eps. to pdf

dirtydog50000

I've noticed a few times when I create a design in Illustrator .EPS file and then save it to a PDF to send it to my client sometimes some of the text is bold and not uniform as it is in the .EPS file. Has anyone else had that happen to them and do you know why. It's hard to send a proof to a client and there are areas of the proof that look like bold text and you tell them it's really not like that.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

HaroldDesign

It actually isn't. Zoom in & out on the pdf file and you will see what appears to be thick copy at first come into focus on screen.

signswi

Bingo. View at 100% and watch the "problems" disappear (usually). It's just rendering. Same reason you always work at a factor or division of 4, not at 3, when working scaled in any program--to avoid visual rendering issues that aren't actually issues.

If you want to avoid that and it's just for screen proofing anyway, you could send them a jpg.

mikey-Oh

I prefer low res jpg's with a watermark. That way IF the client takes the layout to the LowBaller... the LB has the distinct pleasure of trying to recreate it. PDF's make it quite a bit easier to shop my designs around

dirtydog50000

Thanks for all your responses. When I turned it into a jpeg that took care of the problem, but how do you add a watermark mikey-oh ?

mikey-Oh

I call it a watermark, but it's our company logo or the word "PROOF" over the whole image and make it about 20-30% transparent

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
you can add a watermark in photoshop by adding a layer on top of everything, type out some text or add your logo and then set the opacity level to the desired value

You can add watermarks in acrobat pro, but it does not prevent someone from using the file if it is vector. I believe the watermark can be ignored if the pdf file is opened in a vector program

For protecting your art, send a jpeg, There are plenty of programs that remove pdf password protection