• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson 10600 ink refill?

dtdm

Hello, I picked up a used epson 10600.
No clue if it works.... *HA!
I have an empty light magenta cartridge. I picked up a ton of refill ink to attempt to refill the cartridge rather than purchase a $200 cartridge to risk the printer not even working.

So I dismantled a spare cartridge to attempt to figure out how the damn thing works... I am lost. I can not search up any info online except one video which very poorly illustrated refilling a similar cartridge.

Anyone have any ideas? I can take pictures of the dismantled one if needed...

SD&F

I don't know if they carry the Epson cartridge, but Cartridge World refills ink cartridges for 1/2 of the price of anyone else.

dtdm

Before I ran out of a few cartridges I was able to print a nozzle check. It printed all nozzles from just one of the print heads. The head containing black did not print anything. I've been busy with a few other pieces of equipment, but have since purchased a variety of syringes to attempt refill once again. Ultimate goal is to get it up and running. Convert it to sepiax inks...

dtdm

So I dismantled a spare cartridge to see what was going on! here is the filling/emptying mechanism cut in half.
Half View

The problem is there is a tiny little whole in the bottom which won't allow for much ink to be pushed in? or any at all...
Bottom Plastic Hole

This is an inside view with spring and everything removed, there is a "+" section which prevents any syringe from being able to reach down into the bag... I am considering taking a drill bit to a spare one to see if eliminating this part allows me to fill with a syringe with a high gauge needle tip...
Inside View

dtdm

I somehow have managed to get a skinny needle around the plastic "+" and through the small white hole, or popped the bottom off all together? lol. step by step updates incase anyone knows what the hell I am doing, or needs information in the future.

dtdm

i have successfully refilled my cartridges!
I have since screwed things up! I am now throwing a system error 10015 Liquid sensor overflow (K)... probably from me injecting the living hell out of it with windex trying to determine why black is not printing at all... sigh.