• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson 11880 Pattern Problem

indyjones

I have 2 Epson 11880 printers in 2 different department. I use Black Magic rip for the both of them. The one printer in Grand Format is printing a weird pattern in the shadow blacks only, it is not banding. Has any one have this problem?

indyjones

Here is a jpeg of a lin chart.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 121
I have 2 Epson 11880 printers in 2 different department. I use Black Magic rip for the both of them. The one printer in Grand Format is printing a weird pattern in the shadow blacks only, it is not banding. Has any one have this problem?

I assume by your use of the term 'Grand Format' that this is printed in a lower resolution/ faster print mode. It is hard to see from the image, but it could be chromatic banding from bi-directional printing, although you should only be printing with one color (K in this case) on a linearzation chart.

Sorry, I am not terribly familiar with the Blackmagic RIP, aside from knowing that it is a proofing RIP out of Australia.

Last edited:

indyjones

Actually I printed this lin chart from Caldra rip, I also get this pattern from Black Magic Rip. I can see this pattern on cyan and magenta as well.

reeki

best , i sometimes see this problem also in the field , several options to look after ,
- flat cabels of printhead
- bad PF motor

best option to test the PF motor is to put on the roll and manualy roll off the paper thats needed for printing , if this sloves the problem u have to change the PF motor.