• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson 30670 material feed problem

Get Lucky

Wife posting here... Did a search and didn't find anything.

Has anyone had issues with material not feeding through at the correct rate? We've done feed adjustments and it doesn't seem to correct the problem.

It started when we were printing a wrap and noticed some banding, and then the whole print job (about 10 ft) came up about 2" short. Big problem when trying to fit templated pieces. The only thing that has helped is manually feeding the material, that is pulling out some excess so that there isn't any tension on the roll.

I'm the design gal here and don't do much of the tech stuff, but the tech guy (husband) doesn't have time to post right now :)

Any help would be much appreciated!!

greysquirrel

Try the manual feed calibration instead of auto...there may be an issue with the sensor...

do you make media types on the printer for every media? You need to do this...every media will feed differently wit the Surecolor printers...in the media setup up there is a setting for tension...make this 5...re do feed calibration

mdjamesd

Sounds like you need to calibrate the material you're running. You could also try reducing the tension on the media. Also, try cleaning the grit roller in the printer. If a lot of paper fibers get stuck in the "abrasive" section, that could cause slipping when its feeding medaia