• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson 4800 with ChromaBlast for sublimation ?

PMG

I'm thinking on ordering this type system for shirts,gotta get away from that Colorprint crap. whats the pros and cons of this type of system and what inks are better.....ChromaBlast or Sublijet IQ....thanks for any advice!!!!!

mystysue

I dont use either of them .. but i know you can get some info on them at dyesub.org or t-shirtforums.com

I use the okidata laser with dye sub toner.. but the size of the print i can do is no bigger than 8.5 x 14
Each system / ink will have its up sides and down sides.. and the best way to see if you can live with the down sides is to visit the sites and listed and see what the users are saying..

hope that helps a bit.
sue.

MrKoob

Chromablast and Sublijet IQ inks are made by Sawgrass Inks (www.sawgrassink.com). Chromablast is for cotton and cotton blends. The killer app is....well... that it works on cotton. You couldn't do this in the past. Sublijet IQ ink is dye sublimation for use with polyester garments like the Hane's Softlink shirts. The Epson Pro 4800 "Hybrid" let's you use both the Chromablast and Sublijet Inks without having to change out carts or flush the heads. I think you can also go straight Chromablast or straight Sublijet. As far as pros and cons, well a pro is that it is a cheaper alternative to DTG printing until you can afford one. As far as cons, you do have to have the transfer media, so I'd factor that into my costs and markup. You also can't transfer to dark colors, but that's true with most color transfer systems. I can't remember how long it takes for the ROI, but you want to make sure you're going to have the requests. One other thing you'll need is a heat press. I saw a demo in Ft. Worth, seemed neat. One of their distributors were giving out shirts samples. I'm sure others will probably chime in.

Last edited: