• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson 60600 random Lines

ccleveland

Any idea what could be causing these random vertical lines?

Epson 60600 using Onyx Postershop 18

Attachments

• IMG-2564.jpg
    IMG-2564.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 170
  • IMG-2565.jpg
    IMG-2565.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100

greysquirrel

its probably a data issue. what type of file are you printing? maybe change to something else or rotate the image see if issue goes or stays

ccleveland

I don't think it has to do with the file, happens on and for a few months now always vertical despite the file type.. but is gradually getting worse

I'm an authorized Epson Tech. That is most likely one of the print heads causing that. Have you seen any 1A39 Print Head Errors? One way to figure out if that is the issue when it becomes more consistent would be to put it in single head mode and see if you can isolate it to a specific head. If it happens in a specific horizontal area, for example only on the far left or right side, it could be a cable. Those FFC ribbon cables are fixed to the ink lines and constantly flex....I have seen them wear to the point that metal is showing through the cable and touching the metal worn through another cable as a few are stacked. This could be dangerous and potentially damage a main board, which is much less than a print head, but the labor would be a bit more. I can get parts and help with some repairs remotely if you are not in the Los Angeles area....Always avail with tech questions. Good luck

ccleveland

I'm an authorized Epson Tech. That is most likely one of the print heads causing that. Have you seen any 1A39 Print Head Errors? One way to figure out if that is the issue when it becomes more consistent would be to put it in single head mode and see if you can isolate it to a specific head. If it happens in a specific horizontal area, for example only on the far left or right side, it could be a cable. Those FFC ribbon cables are fixed to the ink lines and constantly flex....I have seen them wear to the point that metal is showing through the cable and touching the metal worn through another cable as a few are stacked. This could be dangerous and potentially damage a main board, which is much less than a print head, but the labor would be a bit more. I can get parts and help with some repairs remotely if you are not in the Los Angeles area....Always avail with tech questions. Good luck

It appears to happen only on head 2.. How would I check the FCC cables?

Last edited:

Jeppe.Nielsen

Any idea what could be causing these random vertical lines?

Epson 60600 using Onyx Postershop 18
We have seen these kinds of lines caused by 2 different reasons:
-Static (static charge causes the head to fire in a random manner, and often only affects random selective nozzles) More likely to happen with polypropylene, but can also be the case with vinyls that have a production fault
-Cable fault - either loose contact or broken cable (at one install we found a loose cable and tightened it)

Of course, there can also be a head fault, but since the lines are rather long, it means a nozzle is firing constantly at random times.

Isolating the fault to a specific head would mean it is the head or a cable controlling that head. If it is not head related, then static or cable would be more likely.