• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Epson 60600L or Epson 80600L

Costaricanprinter

first sorry for my english

we mainly do diecut stickers . and we need a reduction in production time (print time) our current equipment is slow
two muthos 1604 . we are currently printing 12 hours a day non-stop

I have several doubts but mostly with the 80600L
the use of ink of the 80600 is higher because it has 8 colors , I really like the option of having white and being able to offer it

for example, printing a photo with CMYKLcLmOR uses more ink than doing it with CMYK
I know I can make my own profiles but it's a genuine question, does it?
can i use only CMYK profiles?
how many layers can I print?
the speed of the 80600 is similar to that of the 60600 with has double cmyk heads?

to my understanding there is only 1 printer of these in my country ( ridiculous right) theres only 60600L installed
so the seller give me information but I dont trust 100% in what he is saying

so I came here for a little help

we are getting a very good deal for the 80600L almost $7000 off

la 80600L valdría $30000 y la 60600L $28900

greetings from costa rica puravida

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
S60600 is faster than 2 Mutoh 1604 @ 720x720dpi (29sqm/hr vs. 13sqm/hr each) so this is probably a better option than the S80600 which is around 18sqm/hr for same resolution.

We have the 80600, and don't find that is uses a lot of ink for the work it does. We have never compared it to the 60600 though.
I think you can print 3 layers at once on the 80600, but we don't use white or metallic so cannot give you real world advice on those.

I would choose the S60600L with the volume you are printing.

jfiscus

Rap Master
The only benefit of the 80600 over the 60600 is the white ink option. Think very hard if that is REALLY necessary for you.
The 60600 is WAY faster in speed of printing. The 60600 only requires you to stock 4 ink colors, as opposed to the specialty inks you'll have to stock for the 80600.
The 80600 does not use MORE ink per print, it just uses a different amount of each cartridge to create the same print. Your RIP and profiles will determine how much ink you use per print.

mim

0_o
We are printing almost daily on the 80600 and I have replaced all of the inks twice since July. That seems fine to me based on how much we print but I'm not the one paying for the ink so I can't really say.

Hi from New Hampshire :)

Signed Out

I prefer the S80 because of the light black ink. Makes a huge difference when comparing side by side with and s60 on any print with grays in it. And the red and orange inks make a big difference too, very vivid reds and and oranges. S80 is about 30% slower than the s60 but still much much faster than the 1604. Instead of getting a s60, you are better off with 2 s40's if you have the space. 2 s40s is much faster than one s60. I doubt the s80 uses much more ink if any than the s60, it's not like it's going to saturate the vinyl more because there are more colors, just spreads it out more, making it look better.

The ultimate would be like a S68, dual CMYKk, I think someone should drop that setup into the mix.

hariskarim

I prefer the S80 because of the light black ink. Makes a huge difference when comparing side by side with and s60 on any print with grays in it. And the red and orange inks make a big difference too, very vivid reds and and oranges. S80 is about 30% slower than the s60 but still much much faster than the 1604. Instead of getting a s60, you are better off with 2 s40's if you have the space. 2 s40s is much faster than one s60. I doubt the s80 uses much more ink if any than the s60, it's not like it's going to saturate the vinyl more because there are more colors, just spreads it out more, making it look better.

The ultimate would be like a S68, dual CMYKk, I think someone should drop that setup into the mix.
Hello, I have just bought SC-S80670L,for fine arts poster and canvas painting prints purpose, please recommend me which RIP software i should go for the perfect color calibration.
With print i have got the epson edge print software which isn't giving me the true color result on vinyl print. horizontal line are showing on 4 pass and when i use the 8 pass it get smooth.
black isn't coming out jet black. please recommend some RIP software. Got this printer from Singapore.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We like Onyx here for the RIP.
The lines between passes is a material calibration setting on the printer itself.

ProColorGraphics

Hello, I have just bought SC-S80670L,for fine arts poster and canvas painting prints purpose, please recommend me which RIP software i should go for the perfect color calibration.
With print i have got the epson edge print software which isn't giving me the true color result on vinyl print. horizontal line are showing on 4 pass and when i use the 8 pass it get smooth.
black isn't coming out jet black. please recommend some RIP software. Got this printer from Singapore.
I use Caldera with mine and love it!!