• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson 7800 won't stop feeding from the roll after a print.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Not many of you probably have the Epson 7800 or 9800 (I'll throw in Epson 7880 and Epson 9880 for keywords) but I was hoping I could find some answer to this. Thursday morning our printer was running fine. By Thursday afternoon something had happened. We may have had a power surge, but the printer is plugged into a battery backup. After every print the printer tries to feed about 10 feet of film off the roll before erroring out. I can then cut off the print from the end, manually rewind the print, hit the pause button and it moves on to the next print.

The funny thing is, if I don't cut off the print at the end, the printer will error before it can start the next print. Somehow it knows whether or not I cut off the print.

I think there is probably something wrong with one of the paper sensors, but I'm not sure.

We have had 2 years of steady printing every day doing it just like this, so I really don't think it's our media or anything like that. We're using Inkjet film (Clear) and an all black system. The film is 24" wide on a 100' roll.

rubo

make sure the print mode is on "roll" - both on the panel and the driver (or RIP) - when you print on sheet the printer will spit the sheet out once the print is done, it sounds that's what yours doing. I've seen it many times - and it hsould take care of the error massage also. good luck.