• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson 7900 Ink cartridge error

shoutsign

Hi Everyone
I have the 7900 woes.
I bought one used and am not able to get past an error in the boot up phase.
If anyone can shed some light on my problem I would appreciate it.
Here's what happens:
If I insert the ink cartridges in, up to 10, the machine will recognize them and accurately show their ink amount and the one empty bay saying:
"No cartridge Install ink cartridge"
As soon as I push that last one in, the printer does its little boot up procedure and them announces:
"Ink cartridge error Replace ink cartridge" and flashes ALL compartments as empty with the red circle and white cross; not one cart is seen.
It does not matter which cartridge is left as the last one to be inserted. They all register accurately until that last one is pushed in.
I believe that the machine is satisfied they are all present and filled enough and moves on to its next boot up item and flashes this error.
It is so fast but I imagine I can see the display showing the carts are ok before the "Ink cartridge error Replace ink cartridge" but it might take some slow motion photography to confirm this.
Nevertheless I am stumped.
The cost of parts alone is $1200 and for a tech to knock on the door $100, to come in and cough $175 per hour.
If that gets resolved there is no guarantee the head will print.
I am sure it is worth every penny but I have so few these days.
So can anyone offer some insight into this mysterious behavior?
Thanks in advance, Peter

iladi

original carts, or not?

if the carts are original, you may have a pressure leak in one of them, or in the pipes since the ink delivery in 9700 is pressurized. same goes with the non original plus there may be some faulty chips (not excluded with originals but very rare).
one thing to try: press the ink valve on the cart with some pointy object, and with a small tube blow some air, gently cose you can spill to much ink, thru the nipple near by to eliminate bubbles.

shoutsign

Epson 7900 ink error

The carts are original and 8 are new and the remaining I "burped"
It's something more insidious!
Thanks

Alain Hurstel

Hi Everyone
I have the 7900 woes.
I bought one used and am not able to get past an error in the boot up phase.
If anyone can shed some light on my problem I would appreciate it.
Here's what happens:
If I insert the ink cartridges in, up to 10, the machine will recognize them and accurately show their ink amount and the one empty bay saying:
"No cartridge Install ink cartridge"
As soon as I push that last one in, the printer does its little boot up procedure and them announces:
"Ink cartridge error Replace ink cartridge" and flashes ALL compartments as empty with the red circle and white cross; not one cart is seen.
It does not matter which cartridge is left as the last one to be inserted. They all register accurately until that last one is pushed in.
I believe that the machine is satisfied they are all present and filled enough and moves on to its next boot up item and flashes this error.
It is so fast but I imagine I can see the display showing the carts are ok before the "Ink cartridge error Replace ink cartridge" but it might take some slow motion photography to confirm this.
Nevertheless I am stumped.
The cost of parts alone is $1200 and for a tech to knock on the door $100, to come in and cough $175 per hour.
If that gets resolved there is no guarantee the head will print.
I am sure it is worth every penny but I have so few these days.
So can anyone offer some insight into this mysterious behavior?
Thanks in advance, Peter

Hello after replace printhead on Epson 7900 I have same error "ink cartdridge error replace cartridge". When you replace the error comme back. Some body knows what is posible to do ?
Cordially
Alain Hurstel

benski

Hello, Anybody have solution for ink cartridge error? My 9900 stylus is having same issue. Upon boot up it may recognize 10/11, 5/11, 6/11 or none but never all of them so I can use the machine. Changes every time I boot up. Using new refillable carts with a chip resetter.