• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson 80600 Light magenta nozzle clogged on Head 1

JJure

Hi. I have a problem with LM only on head 1. All the sudden the pattern began uncomplete (pic). I did several manual head cleanings, and few light, medium and heavy nozzle cleanings on LM/LC channel.

Nothing really changed except little difference in those patterns.

Didn’t try head wash option for LM/LC yet.

Any suggestion?

Regards,
Jure

Attachments

• 75284C45-C9FD-486D-869A-08E207C857F4.jpeg
    75284C45-C9FD-486D-869A-08E207C857F4.jpeg
    968.2 KB · Views: 203
  • 91A072C2-C3C0-45D8-B786-6F73F7CF2CEC.jpeg
    91A072C2-C3C0-45D8-B786-6F73F7CF2CEC.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 108

PhantomSteve

In my experience, the head is starting to go.
Which means a head replacement.
How old is the printer?
We have a 40600 and we are about to install our 4th print head in 5 years — which is really bad — but South Africa's crap electricity supply is probably partially to blame as the printer only works about 4 hours a day if averaged out.
Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
How old is the printer?
We have a 40600 and we are about to install our 4th print head in 5 years — which is really bad — but South Africa's crap electricity supply is probably partially to blame as the printer only works about 4 hours a day if averaged out.
Agreed.
Lifetime cycle is the head is about 20k.sqm or 1.5y

JJure

How old is the printer?
Printer is approx. 3 years old (17.1.2020), 6.600 sqm if LFP accounting tool is corect.

Till now everything works perfect, 100% nozzle check. This happend from nothing.

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
Printer is approx. 3 years old (17.1.2020), 6.600 sqm if LFP accounting tool is corect.

Till now everything works perfect, 100% nozzle check. This happend from nothing.
Had absolutely the same situation recently in my 30610. Lost one C and one M within two weeks so replaced the head in the end.

PhantomSteve

That's how a head failure looks.
Perfect — then a blocked nozzle — then 2 or 3 — then more (especially if the same nozzles remain blocked).
And you think it can't be the head — you hope it's not the head.
You look for other solutions — you find people who say it isn't the head.
You are hopeful.
You try everything.
And in the end, it is the head — and all you've done is waste your time and print production time.
I've been there — many times.

StickerGuy83

I was told from my equipment supplier than the heads in my s80600L would last 2-3 years at the volume I print (6-8 hours per day). Within 10 months I started getting horizontal banding in a couple channels. Heavy cleaning cleared it up and it would print 5-6 feet, then start banding again. Luckily at that time, it was still under warranty. Decision One came and replaced both heads, capping station and dampers. A mere 6k I avoided. When the warranty was up I purchased the 1 year warranty and I will every year moving forward until this unit gets replaced (hopefully not for another 5-6 years). That warranty comes in clutch when things like this happen. No questions -- They over night the parts and a tech shows up a couple hours after the shipping shows it was delivered. In and out in a couple hours. Worth the peace of mind.