Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson 80600 Missing LC/LM

Discussion in 'Epson' started by airborneassault, Oct 12, 2020.

1. airborneassault

airborneassault Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Colorado
    Good evening all! Our S80 lost all nozzles in the Lc/Lm #2 Head. Went from perfect nozzle check to absolutely nothing. I've run 3 each of the medium cleaning for the affected nozzles and the heavy cleaning as well as manual head cleaning which showed no issues and still no sign of Lc/Lm
    I filled the cap tops with solution and tried to "park" the head but I'm not familiar enough with this solvent machine to keep the solution in the caps vs having it flushed directly to the waste ink tank. Our old roland I could clamp the return lines and essentially soak the heads overnight to recover nozzles.
    Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  2. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I had black start to go out in head 2, then all of the sudden it threw a print head error code and now I am stuck. Waiting on a tech to come out now.

3. airborneassault

airborneassault Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Colorado
    That’s a bummer Matt!!! Hopefully it’s a super easy and inexpensive fix that doesn’t require a new head. Keep me posted

4. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I am pretty sure it will take a head. haha. They quoted for everything it could be, including 2 heads, came to $5500. Hopefully it won't need all of that!!! I thought about just dumping it and getting something else, but there isn't anything else out now that interests me. haha

5. NiftyPromo

NiftyPromo New Member

Dec 29, 2019
    FL
    Man, I am dealing with the EXACT same thing right now. Printer has been running fine up until 3 weeks ago. Noticed banding in my prints and my light M and light C are showing all sorts of broken lines in my print nozzle tests. I have ran multiple cleanings and it hasn't gotten any better. I changed out the maintenance pads and roller and I am going to try to replace the capping stations next.

Really hoping its not a print head.... airborneassaultairborneassault

6. a77

a77 Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Canada
    How old is your head?

7. NiftyPromo

NiftyPromo New Member

Dec 29, 2019
    FL
    The printer is roughly two years old now.