• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Artworkinmotion

Where can I buy an Epson 8550 printer for DTF . Cannot find one anywhere unless I am willing to pay twice for what it is worth. Just want to make some t-shirts for my vinyl and wide format print customers as I get requests. From what I have seen these printers are 19" wide format think tanks which normally sell for around 800.00 I see one person asking 1700.00 for a new one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220526-205128_Best Buy.jpg
    Screenshot_20220526-205128_Best Buy.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 161

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
These aren't for DTF printing. They are pigment/photo printers. Maximum print width is 13", not sure where you are reading 19".
I have no idea how they are justifying calling it "wide format" at that size.
There is currently stock in Australia at our usual supplier, so not sure why there isn't any in the USA.

Quick edit: I can see that there are people converting to DTF, so that part is feasible.

Artworkinmotion

You are absolutely right. My dealer tells me these are being used for DTF. Unfortunately they cannot get any. Although they do sell all the supplies and rest of euipt. needed. There is a modification process. 19" is considered a small wide format printer. The 8500 is 13" the 8550 is 19". Thank you for this information.