• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson 9800 no ink coming out

Famous Ramos

I bought this printer last month and I put all new oem inks and everthing looks good. The printheads move like its printing, but no ink is coming out to print. I don't want to spend too much. I was thinking of new printhead or Maintenance station or caping station, but not sure how to test the part. Please help me so I can start using this machine.
Thanks

spectracolor

if you bought it used and you are out of warranty, do what i did.

Put boiling water on where the head sits and let it sit there for couple minutes, and then do a head cleaning and it should work.

I tried using alcohol, windex and other stuff but it didn't work.

The ink is water based so if you use hot boiling water, it melts the ink and you should be able to print again.

Goodluck~

noregrets

If you bought it second hand it may not have been used for a while and the ink may have dried up on the head - try what is said above, as stated water will be fine as the ink is waterbased

Bill Modzel

I've resurrected some Epson desktop units by unplugging the machine when the printheads were off the parking station. I than placed a folded piece of paper toweling over the capping aread and saturated it with Simple Green. I manually moved the printheads back and let it set overnight.

Pulled it all out in the morning and ran a cleaning cycle or two with very good results.