• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Dashboard and ONYX RIP

Kate

Hi everyone,

We have an Epson Surecolor s80600 and I am having issues trying to connect to the printer using the ONYX software that came with it. Looking at the Epson Dashboard, it says that the printer is offline, but looking at the ONYX rip is saying that the printer is online.

As shown on the ONYX screen, I have a job waiting to be printed, but it says that it is waiting on media size, but the size fits comfortably on the vinyl.

If I print one of the files that has previously been printed and hasn't been removed from the bottom section, it will print fine.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this issue or what this issue could be?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Epson Dashboard.jpg
    Epson Dashboard.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Wait for Media Size.jpg
    Wait for Media Size.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 47

Evan Gillette

Are you pulling media size from the printer into onyx or just using a preset roll size? Go into media settings and placement to make sure you dont have margins set or anything but from the looks of it it should be fine. Maybe restart onyx and see what happens. For the dashboard check to make sure its looking for the correct IP address.

victor bogdanov

Make sure the IP address on the printer and Epson dashboard match.

Also try making the print a little smaller for that to see if the clears up the "waiting on media size". Registration marks can make it not fit even if the print is smaller than the media.

unclebun

Print size is too wide for when you are going to cut the print on a plotter. There has to be room for the cutter marks. It depends on the printer and the amount of margin between items you set, but for our cutter we have to tell it we have 52" wide material and then it will work.