• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Dx5 in valuejet

midnightmadman

This is the head

Attachments

• A2DF7281-DE51-4F8C-8620-1775AA197AC2.jpeg
    A2DF7281-DE51-4F8C-8620-1775AA197AC2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 270

RG

It depends on whether or not the DX5 head is locked or not. Older heads are usually not locked. Newer heads are.

midnightmadman

Its printing, but I'm getting 3 vertical bands about 17" in and another 3 about 16" from them. Not sure what it is, looks electronic problem not physical

thesignworks

you need a decoder card, what you failed to do was write down the model number of your head, as there are two types of unlock cards
depending on what serial number

thesignworks

the r with 4 digits following model of that huge printer firm is basically a 17 inch wide printer so they need to not equip the head with squirty power after that, so they put a bit of elecrickery magic on the head under the potting shmoo to make the head do exactly what it is doing in yours, the non oem cards simply reverse this .
but from the green x5 which was open they had first gen Teflon open, second gen first lock, 3rd gen second lock
so you will need to buy both cards
and try not to fry

thesignworks

I havn't ever fitted
dx5 decoder
I live in the London
I just 'used to' buy a 7880 unclip the head, cut the lines and drop the rest of at the recycling centre on the way home.

Last edited: