• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson DX5 manifold

Vinylman

I am looking for a replacement solvent manifold for a DX5 print head.

Anyone have a GOOD manifold off a bad print head?

Contact me IMMEDIATELY!

Thanks!

Vinylman

Thanks Gaco5.

This looks like FieldCenter has changed his company name and web site.

Never done any business with him. The web site doesn't list a manifold for my JV33.

Does anyone know of a better price than $90 per?

inkmed

You can try find brand new Epson DX5 adaptor and brand new compatible DX5 adaptor.
As our technicians test, adaptor from used DX5 head is not good choice.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
About $90 is the cheapest I've ever seen one and they are very hard to find....

Vinylman

Below is a PM and my reply from earlier today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkmed
We can support you with Epson DX5 solvent adaptor and compatible DX5 solvent adaptor.
Both of them are brand new and work well.
Epson DX5 solvent adaptor price is $125 each and compatible DX5 sovlent adaptor price is $90 each.
If they are interesting to you, please let us know. Thanks.

Adam Yang
adam@inkmed.cn
www.inkmed.cn

Adam:

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, your prices seem WAY OUT OF LINE.

The parts we are discussing comprise less than $2.00 in injection molding materials.

I am NOT blaming you, or your company.

But Epson and some of the aftermarket supply producers are gouging the end users of the Epson products.

Epson's concerted effort to corner a market and fix unreasonable prices to punish end users will eventually cause them [Epson] to lose market share and customer loyalty.

I am one of many who refuse to continue purchasing their overpriced, and under supported products.

In today's' ever broadening marketplace with more high quality sources for printers and their support parts being substantially more competitively priced, Epson's strangle hold on the printing market is certain to be weakened if not broken.

I for one can only hope so, SOONER rather than later.

macmedia

Just to add to this, there's a reason why they are so expensive. First and most importantly, they don't make these in quantity like the DX4 heads. Obviously the more you make the cheaper it gets. There are a ton of printers using the DX4 head and that design is going on what.. 18 years?? The DX 5 is out only 6 or so and a printer uses one or 2 heads (I wouldn't count the JV5 as there aren't too many of these out there). Look at a Roland Soljet that uses 6 of these buggers. It must be over a 20 fold difference in quantity or more.

Secondly, There's not much competition. Whereas the DX4 heads have over 10 manufacturers, I only know of 3.

Thirdly, although it may be $2 of plastic injection, it's actually much more complicated than that. There are metal filters inside the manifolds. It's not a simple injection part and a multilayer process

Whatever the price, $80, $90, $125, etc. compare that to the DX4 manifolds at about $25... 2 Nozzle groups on the DX4 vs. 8 nozzle groups on the DX5.

It's hard to find people who want to part with their old heads. Everyone is keeping them for the manifold just in case the nipples break

It may seem like a lot but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a new head. Lucky we even have replacement manifolds available.

tcorn1965

I have one you can have, cannot remember what it came out of...Head still attached...Send my your address and I will put it in the mail

Terry

otctech

The parts we are discussing comprise less than $2.00 in injection molding materials.

Plus the million+ dollar mold, the $800,000+ injection molding machine, power to run the motor(sometimes 300hp+) for the hydraulic pump on said machine, compressed air, chilled water, maintenance(one part on can be $25,000+).

Vinylman

Plus the million+ dollar mold, the $800,000+ injection molding machine, power to run the motor(sometimes 300hp+) for the hydraulic pump on said machine, compressed air, chilled water, maintenance(one part on can be $25,000+).

Thanks for your Sanguine and deeply helpful comment on this subject.

If I was to convert your posted equation, could you help me convert the exact cost to produce ONE PIECE? into the currency used in Qatari?

That would be the Rial I believe.

OH, and BTW, while your at it perhaps you might look into solving the current dept crisis in Greece.:thankyou:

jhanson

Vinylman,

Seriously, cut the snark.

I haven't found any manifolds under $90 from any suppliers, Chinese or otherwise. The fact is that it's an 8-channel manifold, with very complicated passageways and integrated filters. I doubt the mold was cheap to set up -- at least $10,000 -- and the manufacturer set the price point where they did to recoup their investment.

Would you rather pay $90 for a manifold, or $1k+ for a new head just to get the manifold?

otctech

Just trying to show you why the $2 in plastic comes to $90 for finished product. Do you sell your finished product for how much the material cost you?

Vinylman

Vinylman,

Seriously, cut the snark.

I haven't found any manifolds under $90 from any suppliers, Chinese or otherwise. The fact is that it's an 8-channel manifold, with very complicated passageways and integrated filters. I doubt the mold was cheap to set up -- at least $10,000 -- and the manufacturer set the price point where they did to recoup their investment.

Would you rather pay $90 for a manifold, or $1k+ for a new head just to get the manifold?

SNARK? You charge me with "snark".

Please dear sir, has this particular thread become so deep in rhetoric and serioucity, [my own made up word], that a small amount of humor could not be inserted without you stopping by and throwing SNARK all over me?:ROFLMAO:

OH! whoa is me, I've been attached with a drive by SNARK attack.:omg2:

jhanson

I'm sure we've all been pissed off at Epson's price gouging for spares at one point or another.

But saying that a $90 part, to fix a $1k+ head, is unreasonable? In what universe? We all need to eat, don't we?

Jeez. Your reply was kind of funny, until you realize that the post it was in reply to wasn't really exaggerating much. Getting custom pieces made for a printer is not cheap. Not saying that the Chinese-made molds cost a million, but there are still charges to make the mold -- assuming, of course, that you have the design perfected right off the bat. Which is damn tough on a piece like this: I personally tested some Korean-molded head manifolds that fit just fine, but the mold was screwed up to the point that the inlet openings on the nipples almost always came sealed shut.

Vinylman

I'm sure we've all been pissed off at Epson's price gouging for spares at one point or another.

But saying that a $90 part, to fix a $1k+ head, is unreasonable? In what universe? We all need to eat, don't we?

Jeez. "Your reply was kind of funny", until you realize that the post it was in reply to wasn't really exaggerating much. Getting custom pieces made for a printer is not cheap. Not saying that the Chinese-made molds cost a million, but there are still charges to make the mold -- assuming, of course, that you have the design perfected right off the bat. Which is damn tough on a piece like this: I personally tested some Korean-molded head manifolds that fit just fine, but the mold was screwed up to the point that the inlet openings on the nipples almost always came sealed shut.

That was the ENTIRE INTENT.

and for the record, I am fully aware of the costs to produce even small seemingly insignificant parts for use in larger more costly equipment. The cost of R&D, as well as tooling and finishing parts is quite intensive.

But after 6+ years of manufacturing these particular parts both in the original equipment design as well as aftermarket repair parts, it would be my opinion that all original costs have been handsomely rewarded. And therefore parts cost should be somewhat lower.

That being said, most of us are aware of the continuing gouging that Epson has been perpetrating for years. That may not change in the near future, but it will certainly curb my enthusiasm of future purchases of ANYTHING Epson.

Y'all have a nice evening!:thumb: