• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Enhanced Adhesive Synthetic Paper alternatives?

siklidkid

Are there any other alternatives to this media, Epson Enhanced Adhesive Synthetic Paper?

I would like to find a 24" roll options of adhesive backed digital media for my Epson 7900.

thanks guys

siklidkid

You're good Pat. Not sure, all I can tell you is that I need to mount my printed pieces to 22x28 poster board and would rather not spray mount.

MikePro

Don't mean to hi-jack this thread - but what's the main advantage of using a polypropylene media like this over pvc vinyl?

We've used it before but in a non-adhesive format, for non-curl banners etc.

i'd like to know, as well.
I've been using it myself, and adding mounting adhesive(sheet via laminator) for quick-install posters/banners. thick, semi-rigid, non-curling, but relatively same price as economy vinyls.

bak to OP, advantage sign supply (merchant member here) has rolls of Optima-brand mounting adhesive.
i use my laminator to mount, but i've also done large prints by hand as well.

siklidkid

i'd like to know, as well.
I've been using it myself, and adding mounting adhesive(sheet via laminator) for quick-install posters/banners. thick, semi-rigid, non-curling, but relatively same price as economy vinyls.

bak to OP, advantage sign supply (merchant member here) has rolls of Optima-brand mounting adhesive.
i use my laminator to mount, but i've also done large prints by hand as well.
So you are spray mounting media to substrate, running through lam and cutting to size. I have 44x28 poster board, halfing it, and trimming media to 22x28.

MikePro

So you are spray mounting media to substrate, running through lam and cutting to size. I have 44x28 poster board, halfing it, and trimming media to 22x28.
spray mount sucks, imho. too messy and hazardous.
mounting adhesive sheet laminated onto polypropylene film that I've already printed. laminated however I like, usually cast sheet lam, but I also like rolling liquid laminates since the poly doesnt stay flat through my laminator without a lot of care.
even if you don't a laminator, or a bigSqueegee, the mounting adhesive applies to the poly pretty nice if you're good with applying large sheet vinyl by hand.

doesn't have to be poly. use the mounting adhesive sheeting for whatever non-adhesivebacked material you like to print on.

siklidkid

spray mount sucks, imho. too messy and hazardous.
mounting adhesive sheet laminated onto polypropylene film that I've already printed. laminated however I like, usually cast sheet lam, but I also like rolling liquid laminates since the poly doesnt stay flat through my laminator without a lot of care.
even if you don't a laminator, or a bigSqueegee, the mounting adhesive applies to the poly pretty nice if you're good with applying large sheet vinyl by hand.

doesn't have to be poly. use the mounting adhesive sheeting for whatever non-adhesivebacked material you like to print on.
Hmmm... Great info Mike. Agreed, spray mount blows.

I am doing temporary stanchion signage so it needs to be quick and dirty so to speak. That is why I am looking for an adhesive backed, printable media, to hand apply to poster board.

wes70

Thanks wes. Do you have experience with either one?

I used too have a z2100 printer and used hp adhesive polypropylene all the time...even used it for temporary outdoor signs, laminated of course. It was called HP everyday adhesive polypropylene.