Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson Enhanced Adhesive Synthetic Paper alternatives?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by siklidkid, Nov 3, 2013.

1. siklidkid

siklidkid Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Are there any other alternatives to this media, Epson Enhanced Adhesive Synthetic Paper?

I would like to find a 24" roll options of adhesive backed digital media for my Epson 7900.

thanks guys

Tags:
  2. siklidkid

siklidkid Member

Dec 7, 2009
  3. siklidkid

siklidkid Member

Dec 7, 2009
    You're good Pat. Not sure, all I can tell you is that I need to mount my printed pieces to 22x28 poster board and would rather not spray mount.

4. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    i'd like to know, as well.
    I've been using it myself, and adding mounting adhesive(sheet via laminator) for quick-install posters/banners. thick, semi-rigid, non-curling, but relatively same price as economy vinyls.

bak to OP, advantage sign supply (merchant member here) has rolls of Optima-brand mounting adhesive.
    i use my laminator to mount, but i've also done large prints by hand as well.

5. siklidkid

siklidkid Member

Dec 7, 2009
    So you are spray mounting media to substrate, running through lam and cutting to size. I have 44x28 poster board, halfing it, and trimming media to 22x28.

6. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    spray mount sucks, imho. too messy and hazardous.
    mounting adhesive sheet laminated onto polypropylene film that I've already printed. laminated however I like, usually cast sheet lam, but I also like rolling liquid laminates since the poly doesnt stay flat through my laminator without a lot of care.
    even if you don't a laminator, or a bigSqueegee, the mounting adhesive applies to the poly pretty nice if you're good with applying large sheet vinyl by hand.

doesn't have to be poly. use the mounting adhesive sheeting for whatever non-adhesivebacked material you like to print on.

7. siklidkid

siklidkid Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Hmmm... Great info Mike. Agreed, spray mount blows.

I am doing temporary stanchion signage so it needs to be quick and dirty so to speak. That is why I am looking for an adhesive backed, printable media, to hand apply to poster board.

8. wes70

wes70 Very Active Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Canada
    I used too have a z2100 printer and used hp adhesive polypropylene all the time...even used it for temporary outdoor signs, laminated of course. It was called HP everyday adhesive polypropylene.

9. wes70

wes70 Very Active Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Canada