• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson GS 6000 advise

lerscom

Hi everyone I´m buying the epson gs6000 printer whit the Colorbust ripper, any advise, I’m new in the wide format solvent printer and planning to expand the business thanks .

jayhawksigns

Mike will tell you like he sees it. Convinced me to look elsewhere because of our workflow, that printer isn't made for everybody.

Letterbox Mike

haha, it's true...

It's an okay machine, seriously, just not if you intend to put any high production demands on it. It does print beautifully, really beautifully, but physically running it has proven to be a bottleneck for us, and it's not engineered well. The media feed and takeup leave more than a little to be desired. We've also had a lot of things break that otherwise shouldn't.

We're also learning that it's extremely sensitive to profiles, good profiles make all the difference in the world. Technically this is true for any printer, but it seems to be significantly more so for the GS6000.

It's also expensive to run. I expected this since it's an 8-color machine, but truthfully I don't feel like the extended color gamut (which isn't that much bigger than a good profile will net you on a 4-color machine) is worth the expense. The good news is a little birdie told me Triangle is working on a new inkset for it, which will help both reduce costs and increase durability over the OEM ink.

It is what it is. Some people really love this printer, it may be a perfect fit for your needs. We got a lemon and my view of the printer is a less than positive one. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad printer or bad for you.

GoodPeopleFlags

We have one and love it. We don't have the problems that other people talk about concerning the take up reel. I don't know anything about custom profiling so I just use the ones built in to ColorBurst and everything comes out looking great!

I can't tell you "everything you need to know". Might should've asked that (albeit more specifically) before you bought it. I hope you love it as much as I do!

lerscom

Well I´m starting I the business I basically want to print vinyl, banner, canvas, wallpaper, posters, etc. and I´m looking for HD images that’s why we opt for this printer.

artbot

+1 shops with hp's or jv33's are practically humping their printer every morning. to me that is the way to go. with printers, do not buck the trend. get what everyone else says is awesome. i'm pricing out a flatbed and almost can't resist this flatbed jv33 conversion available through bonjet simply because it has one of those perfectly engineered mimaki's perched on top of it.

lerscom

We have one and love it. We don't have the problems that other people talk about concerning the take up reel. I don't know anything about custom profiling so I just use the ones built in to ColorBurst and everything comes out looking great!

I can't tell you "everything you need to know". Might should've asked that (albeit more specifically) before you bought it. I hope you love it as much as I do!

We ask the dealer but the always don’t tell you all, and browsing the web, I find this site so to see if we find something they didn’t told us

Chimuka

Some posts have indicated that ink longevity is 1 year less than eco-sov inks. If this is in fact true, this would disqualify this unit for me.

Letterbox Mike

Id strongly suggest The Hp Latex or Jv33 over the Gs6000

I'd have to agree with this, specifically the JV33. We have one sitting right next to our Epson and it's far and away a superior printer. Even though it may not print quite as well or with quite as large a color gamut as the Epson (and we're talking about very small differences here, it is NOT noticeable to the average person), it makes up for it in build quality and overall robustness. It's built for production.