• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson GS3 Inks PRICE HIKE (for S40600, S60600, S80600)

How important is the price of ink to you?

• Very Important

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Not Important

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

djdg

I purchased the Epson S40600 four months ago and I was happy with it until the price hike on the inks. Epson increased the price of their GS3 inks for no reason at all, no formula improvement, just price gouging. I suggest going with a printer that has cheaper inks and the option for third party inks. What a rip.

Tatonka

The cartridges went up what, $15? How much material can you print with an entire cartridge of ink? What's your profit margin on that ink cartridge? The epsons use and waste such a small amount of ink that a small price increase should hardly be noticeable. Heck, our Roland UV ink costs about twice as much as the Epson ink, and those things pretty much just dump the ink down the drain with how much they waste.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Naturally you’re always going to want everything as cheap as you can to increase your profits but in the grand scheme of things, if you’re noticing such a small increase in ink price on your bottom line, you need to put your prices up.

I hope there’s a reason for the ink increase (good old trade wars) and they haven’t just waited until they get an established customer base for those machines and then hiked the price once you can’t switch.