• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson gs6000 carriage noise

Wraps ink

I have oiled the rails on the printer and it seems the noise ( almost like a chugging sound ) is not getting better could it be the little wheels on the print head need grease or oil also. I also checked the drive belt and its a little loose but seems ok anyone know something I may be missing...it still prints fine but don't want it to break and the noise seems to get worse then get better then get worse again.

twmiller24

We just had this happen to us. The carriage had been loud for a very long time (9 months to a year), and no amount of oiling or cleaning changed it. (We have two GS6000's; the other, newer, was sounding normal.) Then, I started getting "Error 1136" messages. They would go away after I restarted the printer, but finally, the printer wouldn't finish starting up. The tech started out replacing the main board, then still got the error. He ended up replacing the drive motor (I think that's what it's called) and our original main board was fine. Now, it's running quite nicely.