• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson GS6000 "PAPER ERROR - LOAD PAPER PROPERLY"

nosaj01

Hi Guys,

I'm having a issue with the Epson GS6000 where it's giving me a "PAPER ERROR - LOAD PAPER PROPERLY" error.

We are in the middle of a multi-week production run and nothing has changed. Same media loaded the same way. I've tried restarting the machine, manual cleaning around the sensors, and unplugging the printer for several minutes.

This is a Breathing Color 54" Canvas so it covers the media load sensor in the middle of the platen.

My though is maybe a bad media sensor on the carriage head. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Jason

jfiscus

Rap Master
Put tape over the sensors in the platen?
Move the pinch rollers around and reposition them (if this model has moveable ones).

noisegeek

Does the printer give an "Error 1135" or something similar when you restart it? This is evidently becoming a fairly common issue on these machines as they reach EOL. Ours started doing this back in March, and Epson spent months swapping out parts to try and fix it, before finally calling it unrepairable.

nosaj01

I'm not getting any error numbers only the message mentioned above.

After lifting the media leaver and pushing pause several times, I was able to get the media to load several times. Now it's stopped accepting the media load altogether.

astro8

Do you have the media loaded too far to the right? There are divots on the front heater platen that indicate where to have material aligned. Move the media holders at back of machine to get media to align to the left of the divots or you will get that error message. Failing this, run a line of masking tape at sides of material in case it isn't sensing the material...same as you would do for printing on clear vinyl with a clear backing.

netsol

is it possible you need to carefully blow out sensors with dust off?
or possibly clean sensor with a swab and 91% alcohol?

regarding the post by noise geek, sensors age, the output changes slightly (manufacturers run out of original replacement part & go to newark electronics & digikey, just like the rest of us do)
noisegeek needs to get someone with the knowledge (and patience) to swap a couple resistor values on board to restore normal state of sensor with media present & not present.