• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EPSON GS6000 PF Motor

rdm01

Hello,
Was welcomed by the shop this morning with one of our Epsons giving an Error 1227, which is a PF Motor Step Out Error. Motor looks easy enough to change, but when I look at it and spin the shaft, there is no binding/grinding, anything you would expect from a motor that is dead or dying.

Anyone have any expertise on this one. Might another part be causing the problem. I would hate to replace the motor and have the same error, or chase to a new error and wait for parts again.

Thank you in advance for any tips.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'm not sure if the GS6000 has a PF encoder disk and reader. If it does, it would look like a clear disk about 8 inches in diameter and connected to the motor with a belt. If it does have one, clean it with a lint free cloth and rubbing alcohol. Sometimes the encoder gets dirty and skips a beat when running causing the printer to think it has jammed.

rdm01

Yeah, the encoder disk was dusty. It's been cleaned. Anyone know where to get parts? Can't seem to find anything that seems reputable. Found a place out of Ohio, but have phoned in twice and still no call back.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Compass Micro is in Washington. I can get parts for your machine but Compass Micro can ship directly to you and we generally don't sell Epson parts. The only problem is they may not be able to get parts for the large format solvent printers but they are worth a try. They are Epson's main parts distributor in the US.

C

ColoPrinthead

I'm not sure about the PF motor, but I used to get the CR Motor out of step error when I worked with 6000s and adding tension to the belt by moving the motor resovled the error.

Last time I spoke to Compass Mirco, they did not take returns fwiw.