• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Epson GS6000 printhead be installed in Mutoh 1624

emcreklam

Hello
Does anyone have experience.
Can Epson GS6000 printhead be installed in Mutoh 1624. Both printheads are from Epson and look the same. And the printera Also look the same.

emcreklam

I think Mutoh use same Epson Printhead
Mutoh-ValueJet-VJ-1324-VJ-1624-VJ-1624W-VJ-1924W-Printhead-DG-43988-DG-42987-7402.jpg

emcreklam

Epson GS6000 Printhead
100-Original-Printhead-F188000-For-Epson-GS6000.jpg_640x640.jpg

Attachments

• 100-Original-Printhead-F188000-For-Epson-GS6000.jpg_640x640.jpg
    100-Original-Printhead-F188000-For-Epson-GS6000.jpg_640x640.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 185

greysquirrel

the head board needs to be programmed for a mutoh, mimaki or roland printer. the gs6000 head is significantly less because roland, mutoh and mimaki upcharge because they source them from epson. You could blow your main board if you just plug it in.

Thomas Fuller

Can you contact Mutoh and check "GS6000 use Epson F188000 print head" ?
does the mutoh head have 21-digit Head Rank ID (QR code) on the side of the head.this number tell the control the drive voltage applied to the PRINT HEAD is controlled based on the information.if i had to bet the to heads are the same.you will need pc Service Program in order to put the qr code in.here is a copy of the servive manual for the gs6000 https://www.manualslib.com/manual/828293/Epson-Stylus-Pro-Gs6000.html

BigO

Can you contact Mutoh and check "GS6000 use Epson F188000 print head" ?
I ran into the same problem, my overseas vendor that I have been using for two years now insist I can use a different head which is half the price. The difference being one is Mutoh and the other is Epsons. If you contact Mutoh thy will tell you to use their print head. I haven’t found a straight answer yet.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Basically if you have used a Mutoh, Mimaki, or Roland solvent printer in the last 25 years, it's all Epson heads. In the last 5 or so years Ricoh and Panasonic have entered the game for these brands as well. There have been times where Epson would lock certain heads for certain machines and it's kind of all over the place so it's not easy to list all the ways they have done that. Sometimes the manufacturers will add their own security like Mimaki. That's why when buying a print head you should buy it from the experts like us!

Maicon Neubert

I'm running Mutoh heads in my gs6000

Good afternoon friends.
You say you are using mutoh head on the GS6000?
How did you manage to install this head on the Epson GS6000?

I have my machine stopped without a head, if I have any chance of getting a head I thank you for the information, if the mutoh head works on the GS6000 I would be very happy.

I need a GS6000 head, did you get any information or buy?
I have a Chinese salesman who claims to have it, but other technicians tell me that it can be a sublime head, not a solvent.
Or they would have original, refurbished.
I have practically new equipment, but I can't get a head, you would have some access to it.