• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson GS6000 Pros & Cons What to look for on a used purchase???

BigKahuna

Hi,
At the moment i have an opportunity to purchase 2 gs6000 Epsons and a fair to cheap price, One works one needs print heads, What are the pros and cons of these printers and things to look for when inspecting the printers... I have only worked with a few other printers and were Roland's, How do the epsons compare and what are your experiences with the epson gs6000... They would be used for wraps and sign printing in my business.
Thanks
Michael

C

ColoPrinthead

The green inks used on the GS6000 are highly inconsistent color wise. Notice the Sure Color models don't offer green? Other than that they are pretty good printers.

BigKahuna

Green Inks

I thought the newest version of Colorburst was supposed to fix the green issues (only what i have read anyway)
What is a better option for RIP on the GS6000, other than Colorburst?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Colorburst always worked well for me when I used the GS6000. It printed great every day for the two years I had it and hardly ever needed maintenance. the original green inks had a bad mix to them that killed the green print head, but ours was replaced under warranty for free. The new formulation of the green ink fixed that issue. I liked the printer a lot personally, it printed some bright almost neon colors that are impossible to hit with only CMYK printers.

C

ColoPrinthead

The problem is the ink itself, not the RIP. I came across an example from when I operated 2 6000s (the color was an issue for each machine and had nothing to do with them matching each other), unfortunately the thumb drive it is on is at my home.

BigKahuna

inks

Would you guys recommend the bulk ink systems? Or is it better to stick with the epson factory inks?

BigKahuna

Epson inks

I read in other threads where many people were having issues with the black inks clogging more than having green issues. Has there been a solution for this issue?

spiritrider

Epson GS6000 & Onyx RIP

I currently have a 64" GS6000 for several years now...I started with Colorburst but Onyx Production House is a better RIP - more options; I also have a Caldera RIP as another option which I consider even better than Onyx; the trick with the Green ink is to create a solid green file and print this file every couple of weeks or so to keep the "inks flowing" per the Service tech...I am also selling this unit with the Onyx Rip for $4500 - printer needs service but prints well; I am selling the unit because I just bought a Roland XR-640 because I needed a print+cut solution in one unit...I have a large format print shop called Real Color in Santa Cruz, CA ...if you want, you can email me direct at rich@realcolorposters.com
thanx...Richard:smile: