• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson GS6000 Questions (DPI and Paper Sku Errors)

datoshway

Hello everyone, I have been using a Epson GS600 happily for about 6 months now. This is one amazing printer. Two primary questions for anyone out there using this printer.

1) What DPI are you setting image files up at that will be used for vehicle wraps? I have only really been printing vector files which come out amazing, but now have a box trailer wrap to get done that will be using a full image as the backdrop, setting this up at 300 dpi seems to result is a lot of image distortion.

2) I pretty much always get a paper sku which results in head striking, unless I unwind some of the paper off the roll, this happens almost all the time when feeding directly off the roll.

Help!

boxerbay

1) build the file actual size and @ 72 dpi. OR in AI build it at 25% scale keeping rasters at 300dpi.
2) we always pull about 2 feet of material from the middle out then clamp on high. check your roll core. if it has taken a hit your media will skew. I've seen crushed ends, oval ends, even a bow in the middle of the core.

if you keep the roll tight when starting the insert you will need to pull out less. tight roll = square roll.