• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson GS6000 Vertical banding

VISCOM

Hello new to the fourm. I'm printing with dark colors Purple, Black and Blues on my new GS6000 and seeing vertical banding on my vinyl??? Does not matter what brand Arlon Oracal or 3M. Sent samples to Epson and they said they see nothing wrong with the print. Unbelivable it is plain as day. I play with heat settings ... any ideas

Jeff

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Our Vuteks have similar issues...not related to heat....not sure how the Epson handles it but for us its actualy a Vacuum system issue. We have to equalize the air pressures to the printheads so the airflow balances out.

FnPDFs

We ran into a similar problem. We rasterized the pdf in photoshop and it
took care of the problem. Hope this helps.

BPI Color

What is your Platen setting? Some stock profiles will band in the darks if you place your platen on hi when the profile is set up for low. You could kick the micro-weave setting up a notch in Onyx. That won't invalidate the profile you're using. If this continues, switch to a different dot size. You'll have to rebuild your profile though.
Of course, if you're not using Onyx for the GS6000 this won't help. Try adding it and using one of the stock profiles. I started with one of the Averys and rebuilt it for higher speeds.

Last edited:

dlndesign

Having Similar Issues

Having similar issues with Drytac Printable Eclipse, a 18 oz Blockout Banner Type material for trade show displays. I have increased Weave to Max B and have also cleaned heads. It has improved, but I am also noticing that it is happening more on the left side of the printer rather than the right.

We have two epsons, and the other has had issues with our backlit material giving us vertical lines on the right side of the print but prints flawless on the left.

Have had a tech out to check, still waiting on results.

Any help?

Attachments

• photo copy 2.JPG
    photo copy 2.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 144
  • photo copy.JPG
    photo copy.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 137
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited: