• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson GS6000 Weird Pattern Micro Weaving Error?

TinoMaldonado

Ok so I have been looking for a solution for about a month or so with no prevail. I've been threw the forms where some say it may be a material issue while others say its a hardware issue and if that's not frustrating enough I've seen others that say its a printing profile issue.

Rundown:

EPSON GS6000
Color Burst 9.4.6
Inks are usually third party cuantek-usa.com
We are located in lower Texas so it can get pretty hot and humid but the printer is indoors and in a ac cooled room.
We purchased the printer about 3 years ago but have never had an issue till now.

Colors the banding/weaving is affecting:

Yellow
Red

We noticed this about 2 months ago and thought nothing of it, we thought a simple cleaning would fix the issue. When the issue persisted we looked up some forms stating that Epson's techs never found a solution to others problems so we didn't want to waste down time and money on an issue that would not go away with simple trouble shooting that a tech would do.

We are about to get into political season and were are worried that this issue will effect the way our clients will look at their signs so we were hoping that some one has some information on how to fix this issue. Advice or a slolution would be much appreciated! Thanks again and hopefully this form can help someone else.

Here is what the issue looks like, theses are all the same yellow square printed at different micro weaving settings.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_20150717_125315.jpg
    IMG_20150717_125315.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 182

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's cross-contamination. I bet if you run a nozzle check you will see just a couple nozzles that are slightly black on the top or bottom of your test print. Every time the head makes a pass a little more black gets dropped down and starts to show up in the print. Check your pump for clogs first and then change the cap top. If that doesn't do the trick, change the dampers. One of those things will most likely fix the issue. In very rare cases the head is actually damaged and not recoverable but don't worry about that for now. Also, clean everything extremely thoroughly, especially the wiper and bottom of the head area, and make sure your head isn't hitting any of the spit sponges while it's printing.

Also, just to be sure, make sure your cartridges are not empty.

Snagems

Epson GS6000 Weave pattern problem

EPSON GS6000
Color Burst 9.4.6
Is this a feed issue? Every material, every profile, every color, there is horizontal banding really bad.
Does anyone know what this could be?

We have changed the profiles, even tried printing from different rip system, nothing helps.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• epson problem 2.jpg
    epson problem 2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 225
  • epson problem.jpg
    epson problem.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 238