• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Gs6000 Won't Power Up

liv2b100

Hi Guys,

My GS6000 turned off in the middle of a print today and won't turn back on.

Our building power is fine. Take up roller is on.

All machine fuses test OK.

Power going to power supply, and a relay on the power supply board makes a 'click' sound when we flip the switch, but that's it. No lights or sounds or fans anywhere else.

We can get in and replace a board - but does anybody know how to test which one it might be?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
liv

datoshway

Hi Guys,

My GS6000 turned off in the middle of a print today and won't turn back on.

Our building power is fine. Take up roller is on.

All machine fuses test OK.

Power going to power supply, and a relay on the power supply board makes a 'click' sound when we flip the switch, but that's it. No lights or sounds or fans anywhere else.

We can get in and replace a board - but does anybody know how to test which one it might be?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
liv

We had the same issue, if you hear the power supply and see the light on in the PS under the heater, it's most likley your main board

Marcumvustomllp

We had the same issue, if you hear the power supply and see the light on in the PS under the heater, it's most likley your main board
Ours shut down during print and makes clicking sound when button pushed to turn on or off nothing shows on lcd screen. Replaced power board and still does the same. The heater control board has a green light and a red light on. Would the heater control board keep printer from powering on?

datoshway

Ours shut down during print and makes clicking sound when button pushed to turn on or off nothing shows on lcd screen. Replaced power board and still does the same. The heater control board has a green light and a red light on. Would the heater control board keep printer from powering on?

The main board has these tiny little fuses in them and if one of those fuses blow, it will cut off power and function to those components. Thats what happened to us and that what sounds like happened here.

mikenicee

The main board has these tiny little fuses in them and if one of those fuses blow, it will cut off power and function to those components. Thats what happened to us and that what sounds like happened here.

Are the fuses you are talking about replaceable?

netsol

OF COURSE THE FUSE IS REPLACEABLE

but no one has said that one of them is bad
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/828293/Epson-Stylus-Pro-Gs6000.html

here is a link to the service manual

i have about 10 epsons in our warehouse (older ones 7600's through 9880's)
but have never done a system board repair

download (preferably PRINT) the manual, maybe PM me, i can work with you once we isolate an area of problem

if this was a wide format roland, i can tell you who has experience repairing system boards, but i am getting ahed of myself.

we were buying a not working gs6000 but when covid started the whole deal went sideways, but i know enough to be really helpful with this type of repair

chiiklyn

Im having the same issue here, mainboard has a fuse tagged "F11" that breaks and printer doesnt start.

If i replace the motherboard, it breaks f11 after a while, maybe one hour or maybe less

Anyone had found the solution?