• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson heater or 3rd party for S30?

a77

Got some orders where I have to run at 4 pass and maybe even 2 pass and I would like to have a whole roll go on the takeup with no worries. Sometimes, depending on coverage the ink is a bit too tacky for this so I'm looking for a heater.

I can get the Epson heater, but I also see lots of people liking their Digi-drys or other third party heaters.

Can anyone comment on their surecolor heater? Does it work well? I know that the digi-dry has no fans and is infrared only - not sure if that's better/worse/same?

I can save about $800 if I go with the digi-dry, but it also doesn't communicate with the printer and would be a timer shutoff.

Thanks in advance!

mpn

The one on our 50670 is more of a fan than a heater. It does move a lot of air though.

a77

So if you run 4pass with the s50 which I is pretty fast I know... are you able to run gloss media with the heater and have no issues going right to the takeup?

mpn

So if you run 4pass with the s50 which I is pretty fast I know... are you able to run gloss media with the heater and have no issues going right to the takeup?

I just ran a solid red on 6 pass and about 600 feet of black (not full coverage) on 2 pass on Instant One Media with no problems.

1leonchen

a s30 has a huge dryer heater. u can run one pass 600 square feet a hour and it still dries. u can get the optional blower if u want. it dries much better tan a gs6000. never had drying problems.

fozzie

for higher speeds, we use 2 older bbc digi dryers (see pix) we never print 2 pass, but find the extra heat necessary for 4 pass high.

Attachments

• heaters.jpg
    heaters.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 116

gamefuel

We have both the Digi dry and the add on for the S70670, we got the digi dry for our GS6000. I prefer the add on for the surecolor myself. The digi dry does fine, its just a pain if i have a long run at the end of the day, and have to come back to the shop to make sure its turned off. Also it does not smell the greatest when its drying ink on our paper billboards and transit shelter posters. The add on for the S70 is really just 4 fans pointed directly at the print as it feeds down the after heater. Never had any problems with it not drying completely and we put out ALOT of paper posters for Transit shelters, and paper junior billboards. Hope this helps!